ORGANISATION/COMPANYJohannes Gutenberg University Mainz
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/12/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Mainz
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
OFFER STARTING DATE13/11/2019
In the FB09 Faculty of Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Geography and Geosciences – Institute for Nuclear Chemistry – we invite outstanding candidates to apply for a
Postdoctoral position in optical spectroscopy
(Salary class 13 TV-L)
Reference number: 20319-09-wiss-ml
for a two-year contract starting the earliest date possible.
The position is part of the project on laser spectroscopy of heavy and superheavy elements. The project aims at the development and implementation of novel approaches in optical spectroscopy, which combines laser spectroscopy with gas stopping techniques. The approach will be applied on stable elements prior to investigations on heavy and superheavy elements at accelerator facilities.
The successful candidate will
• participate in experiments for the investigation of actinides and transactinide, particularly with resonance ionization laser spectroscopy
• set up, develop and optimize laser systems (dye- und solid state, pulsed and cw)
• development of laser spectroscopic methods for the study of exotic nuclides, in particular in the region of the heaviest elements
• contribute to the supervision of Bachelor-, Master- und Doctoral students
• support teaching in FB 09
The Johannes Gutenberg University is committed to increasing the proportion of women in science and research and therefore encourages women to apply.
Disabled applicants will be given preference if equally qualified.
Please send your full application documents by email as a pdf-file, with information of your earliest possible starting date and the reference number: 20319-09-wiss-ml to the following address until 09.12.2019:
Prof. Dr. Michael Block
For questions please contact Prof. M. Block, Tel: 06131/39-29683.
You will find the information on data protection in dealing with your application at: https://www.verwaltung.personal.uni-mainz.de/files/2019/10/Datenschutz-B...
Job offers and further information also on the Internet:
In addition to the general employment requirements, applicants must meet the recruitment requirements stipulated in § 56 Hochschulgesetz of Rhineland-Palatinate.
• PhD or equivalent degree in experimental atomic physics, nuclear physics, or nuclear chemistry
• Experience in the field of laser spectroscopy
• Experience in the operation of laser systems (dye- und solid state, pulsed and cw)
• Ideally knowledge in software development for experiment control and data analysis
• Good communication skills in English (both verbal and written)
EURAXESS offer ID: 462624
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.