ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Limerick
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/11/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONIreland › Limerick
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
We are seeking to appoint a Business Development and Research Manager (BDRM) based in the Mathematics Applications Consortium for Science and Industry (MACSI), within the Department of Mathematics & Statistics. Contract initially for 8 months.
MACSI is a research centre which applies mathematics to diverse real-world problems and has strong links with industrial partners.
The BDRM will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of MACSI, and lead efforts to diversify its funding sources to ensure future sustainability. The BDRM will also be the first point of contact for industrial partners. Whilst the role will primarily be based within MACSI, the BDRM will contribute to department activities, such as outreach and Athena SWAN. Additional responsibilities to secure funding, engage with industry and support research activities in other areas in the Faculty of Science + Engineering may also arise.
LOCATION: University of Limerick
REPORTS TO: Head of Department
CONTRACT TYPE: Specific Purpose
SALARY SCALE: €50,182 - €71,257 p.a. pro rata
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELMathematics: Bachelor Degree or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years work experience post qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of scientific or technical writing.
- Experience of industry-academic business development.
- Track record of successful grant applications.
- Experience of budget management and liaising with funding agencies.
- Experience of coordinating education/public engagement events.
- BSc level (level 8 NFQ or equivalent) in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) discipline or at least 4 years’ equivalent industrial experience.
- A doctoral degree (level 10 NFQ) in a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) discipline.
EURAXESS offer ID: 461414
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.