ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCH FIELDComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE16/12/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) a:
Senior Research Scientist / Assistant Professor in Computer Vision (m/f)
- Ref: 50015163
- Full-time position (40 hrs/week)
- Employee status
The successful candidate will conduct research and technology transfer in the area of Computer Vision with a focus on 3D reconstruction/imaging, activity recognition and machine learning. The candidate should have the potential to build/lead a research team within the SIGCOM Research Group at SnT. The Research Group conducts research in close collaboration with the industry/government partners and is engaged in a number of European/International projects. The candidate will contribute to the definition, acquisition, and management of research projects together with other faculty or as a principal investigator. The candidate will carry a leading role in the area of Computer Vision and 3D imaging. Building on current industrial partnerships, the candidate will expand the group’s partnership portfolio in this domain. The candidate will ensure continuity in the laboratory/experimental research activities, international visibility and recruitment efforts.
The mission is to:
- Acquire, manage and contribute to research, innovations, and technology transfer activities with private and public partners
- Disseminate scientific results in top conferences/journals
- Independently supervise PhD candidates and junior research associates
- Prepare and contribute to European and National research proposals to sustain the group’s strategic research
The candidate will work closely with Prof. Björn Ottersten and the team members of SIGCOM. This will require contributing to research, innovations, technology transfer, and management activities. English is the working language of this international laboratory.
For further information about the position, please contact Prof. Björn Ottersten: björn.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about SnT, please visit: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt
- PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a focus on image processing or computer vision
- Research experience beyond postdoctoral level
- Documented research expertise in Computer Vision and 3D Reconstruction/Imaging as well as experience in the one or more of the following topics:
- Video-based surveillance
- Human activity recognition
- Machine learning
- 3D reconstruction
- Laboratory/experimental experience including acquisition of large datasets.
- Publications appearing in high ranked conferences and journals.
- Experience in bilateral collaborative research with industry
- Experience in technology transfer validating research outcomes in realistic environments
- Record of accomplishment in research project acquisition and/or entrepreneurship experience.
- The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and in either French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end
- A motivating and interesting position within an international research environment
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
- A 5-year tenure track with evaluation and possible promotion to full professor
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Please apply in English by sending your CV, motivation letter, copies of diplomas, list of publications, list of research projects and a list of taught courses.
Deadline for applications: 16 December 2019.
EURAXESS offer ID: 461412
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.