ORGANISATION/COMPANYCenter for Theoretical Physics PAS
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE02/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2020
The Director of the Center for Theoretical Physics PAS invites applications for Post-doc position at the CTP PAS, financed from the project "Self-testing protocols for multipartite quantum states"
Project is carried out within the First Team programme of the Foundation for Polish Science.
Project leader: Dr. hab. Remigiusz Augusiak
The rapid development of quantum technologies creates an urgent need to design methods to certify whether quantum devices really operate in a non-classical way. The main aim of this project is to respond to this need. We will provide efficient and robust protocols of self-testing—a device-independent certification method—for multipartite entangled quantum states. To reach this goal we will study and explore the phenomena of Bell nonlocality and entanglement in the multipartite scenario.
The project will be realized in collaboration with ICFO – the Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona (the groups of profs. A. Acin and M. Lewenstein) and National Centre for Quantum Information in Gdańsk (the group of prof. M. Horodecki).
~8 500 PLN (~2030 Euro) net monthly salary (15 000 PLN full remuneration cost), full social security and health insurance
- Opportunity to do research in a fascinating field in a creative, innovative and friendly work environment
- Development of analytical and numerical skills in the field of quantum information theory
- Close collaboration with top institutes in quantum information theory (ICFO in Barcelona and NQIC in Gdańsk)
- Support in application for additional funding and scholarships
- Participation in scientific events (workshops, conferences)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae including the list of publications and a short description of the most important scientific achievements
- Certified copy of the PhD diploma
- Two recommendation letters from senior researchers
- consent to process your personal data
Please submit the following documents to
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your e-mail subject please include ref. no RA/13/2019
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview which will be held either at the institute or via Skype.
Information Obligation under the Article 13 of the RODO *:
- Data Administrator
The administrator who is a deciding entity on how your personal data will be used is the Center for Theoretical Physics PAN represented by the Director with the seat in Warsaw Al. Lotników 32/46. You can contact the Administrator by using one of the contact forms available on the website: : http://www.cft.edu.pl/
- Data Protection Inspector
The Director of the Center for Theoretical Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences has appointed the Data Protection Inspector (Inspektor Ochrony Danych - IOD) with whom you can contact in all matters relating to your personal data. You can contact the Inspector by sending an email to: email@example.com
- The Purposes of Processing and the Legal Basis for Processing
Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of running the current recruitment.
The basis for the processing of personal data are the provisions of the Labor Code Act of June 26, 1974 (uniform text: Dz. U. of 2018, item 917) and based on your consent for data processing.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- PhD in theoretical physics (closely related to quantum information) obtained in 2014 or later
- Interest and experience in quantum information theory and high motivation for scientific work
- Very good English skills
- Enthusiasm for work with PhD students
- Good knowledge of quantum theory
- Good level of programming skills
- Realization of tasks stated in the proposal or other tasks states by the project leader, using both analytical and numerical methods
- Co-supervision of PhD students hired in the project
- Dissemination of the obtained results (writing articles, presentations on scientific events)
- Participation in the scientific life of the institute
EURAXESS offer ID: 460993
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.