ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer architectureComputer science › Modelling toolsLanguage sciences › Philology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/06/2020 10:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Madrid
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE15/06/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
REFERENCE NUMBERPOSTDATA ERC 679528
We are looking for one (1) Researcher in Ontologies and Linked Open Data for the ERC research project POSTDATA http://postdata.linhd.es/. The project, born at the Digital Humanities Innovation Lab from UNED, LINHD, is a Digital Humanities project that deals with poetry analysis, standardization and classification. It combines semantic web technologies, natural language processing and digital scholarship editing with the analysis of more than 30 poetry projects and databases in different European languages. The team is an interdisciplinary group of high-qualified researchers from different disciplines, from linguistics, philology and literature to computer science, mathematics and semantic web engineers.
· Validate and enhance the existing network of ontologies for poetry standardization.
· Setup Virtuoso and help in the population of our RDF backend.
· Design and test competence questions to exploit the network of ontologies.
Working in a dynamic and multilingual environment
Academic mentoring and EU project experience
Individual development and training opportunities
Participation in events and conference in the Digital Humanities field with travel expenses for some conferences, seminars and training events covered
The researcher will have all the contract benefits that a UNED researcher has.
The selection will take place in 3 steps:
- First step will be to evaluate all the CVs received
- Second step we will arrange meeting face to face or virtual with the selected candidates
- Third step we will offer a contract to the chosen candidate
Candidates must sent a short CV (maximum 4 pages) and a motivation letter (maximum 2 pages) explaining why they fit for the position, with references to previous projects developed. CVs sent in other formats or motivation letters missing will NOT be accepted.
Mandatory SUBJECT of email message: POSTDATA Ontologies Application _ LastName, Name
The positions will be filled as soon as we find a candidate suitable for it. Don't wait until the last minute!
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Modelling tools
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer architecture
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalentTechnology: Bachelor Degree or equivalentLanguage sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentSPANISH: Excellent
- High level of English and Spanish
· Masters or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computational Linguistics, Literature, Spanish Literature, English Literature, Hispanic Studies, or a related field.
· Experience with semantic web technologies, especially JSON-LD/RDF/OWL/SKOS/SPARQL, and Jena/Virtuosso.
· Data science and management expertise (implementing data processing workflows).
· Excellent technical skills to conduct experiments. Good understanding of web development with knowledge of REST/JSON web services, JEE technologies, and Python/Django.
· Knowledge of ontology alignment issues and tools.
· Background knowledge and/or experience in some of the European literature and poetry traditions is preferred.
· Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
· Ability to lead activities on structured team projects.
· Experience with relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL) and with ontologies and Linked Data.
· Familiarity with version control systems (git) and code repositories (GitHub).
· Familiarity with agile software development practices.
· Excellent verbal and written skills in Spanish and English.
· Data analysis experience and analytic knowledge (e.g., R, Julia, STATA, SPSS, or other statistical packages).
· Additional languages (modern or historical varieties).
· Linux shell, shell scripting
. NLP abilities appreciated
EURAXESS offer ID: 460150
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.