ORGANISATION/COMPANYNicolaus Copernicus University
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/11/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Toruń
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/02/2020
The competition is open to persons who meet the conditions set out in Article 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on higher education and science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the following qualification criteria:
- a PhD in astronomy or physics, and good knowledge of written and spoken English,
- significant international experience in astronomy and astrophysics research,
- specialisation in stellar spectroscopy and astrophysics and/or exoplanets and/or the interstellar medium and/or extragalactic astronomy,
- the ability to lecture in English,
- Readiness to teach in software or technical engineering courses.
The Institute of Astronomy (IA) of the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń (Poland) welcomes applications from experienced researchers for the assistant professor position.
The priority areas are exoplanets, stellar astronomy, the interstellar medium and extra-galactic astronomy. However, we emphasise that the position is open to researchers in other fields of astronomy and astrophysics. We welcome applications from both theorists and observers.
The position includes teaching responsibilities. It is expected that the new faculty member will contribute to the strategic goals of IA through excellence in research, teaching, and other professional activities. He or she will be a vigorous drivers of IA research programs, will win grants, supervise graduate students and teach undergraduates.
The Institute of Astronomy, located in Piwnice near Toruń, is a part of the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Informatics. It is one of the leading Polish astronomical institutions. The main instrument of IA is a 32-metre radio telescope, a unique structure of this kind in Central-Eastern Europe. We also own several smaller optical telescopes and host our own in-house computer cluster. The prospects for additional research funding are high for strongly motivated young researchers in Poland.
We offer a full-time contract. The salary of the successful candidate will be comparable to that of Polish researchers in the same career stage. Additional benefits are negotiable.
- Personal questionnaire for the person applying for employment
- Professional curriculum vitae
- Copy of higher education diploma
- Copy of doctorate certificate
- Information about scientific, didactic and organizational achievements (abstract comprising candidate's most important areas of research, and scientific, educational, and other achievements)
- List of publications (including the publishing house/journal, year of publication, and page number)
- Declaration of consent to the processing of personal data contained in the job offer for the needs of the recruitment process, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of The Council od 27 April 2016 (L119/1)
- Declaration under art. 113 ust. 1 ustawy Prawo o szkolnictwie wyższym (o niekaralności) (Art. Paragraph 113 (1) of the Higher Education Act (of no criminal record))
- Declaration that Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń will be my primary employer once I have won the contest
- At least two (max three) reference letter(s).
- cover letter (addressed to Professor Andrzej Tretyn, Rector of the Nicolaus Copernicus University).
Please submit the aforementioned documents to the e-mail address: email@example.com
The formal deadline of this application is 27 November 2019. Applications after the deadline will be considered if the position is not yet filled. The successful candidate is expected to start the position from 1 February 2020. After a preliminary selection, a shortlist of candidates fulfilling the main eligibility criteria will be invited for an interview, in person or online.
The application should refer to WFAiIS-1/IA/2019.
Forms to be downloaded: http://www.umk.pl/en/employment/forms/
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELAstronomy: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 458307
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.