ORGANISATION/COMPANYMedical Research Council
RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE03/11/2019 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONUnited Kingdom › Swindon
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
Science Manager - Multimorbidity
UKRI- Medical Research Council
£30,782 per annum
Full time/Part Time hours will be considered
Fixed term (42 months)
The Medical Research Council (MRC) is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
About the role
Moving away from a one-disease, one-mechanism approach, and in collaboration with NIHR, ESRC and EPSRC, the initiative will coalesce inter-disciplinary expertise in biological, socio-economic and innovative methodological research to address the existing gaps in the field. Multimorbidity is a current research priority for the MRC and the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)/National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), and the Strategic Priorities Fund (SPF) bid will be the first concerted initiative in the UK of this scale and is expected to catalyse research into multimorbidity in the UK.
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and maintain an overarching project plan, to ensure that progress is monitored and reported in a timely manner, and that issues regarding delivery are escalated to the Programme Board (or equivalent) for resolution
- Assist the Programme Manager(s)/Head of Programme in preparation of papers, background briefs, reports and other material on related matters for the Programme Board, Executive Group and/or Senior staff at UKRI
- Support the administration and delivery of calls for proposals, for example tracking the Peer Review process and delivering funding panel meetings, and monitoring of progress of Grants provided as part of the programme
- Support the liaison with the range of stakeholders involved in the initiative (Research Councils, research charities, bioindustry and policy partners) including cross funder agreements and common costing models where appropriate
- Working with MRC finance staff on the financial management of the initiative including managing the profile of costs and ensuring the planned budget profile reflects the practical delivery plans.
You will be educated to First degree or equivalent experience.
You will have good analytical ability encompassing critical thinking, evaluation, decision making and problem-solving skills.
The ability to identify strategic objectives and their implications and make adaptations to ensure project delivery and impact is essential.
Experience of planning, managing and delivering strategic and/or policy projects within a public sector or academic environment whilst not essential, would be highly desirable.
What we offer
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and aim to provide a pay and rewards package that motivates staff to perform to the best of their ability. The reward package includes a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 3rd November 2019.
EURAXESS offer ID: 457191
Posting organisation offer ID: 709061
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.