ORGANISATION/COMPANYEuropean Synchrotron Radiation Facility
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Mechanical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/11/2019 22:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONFrance › Grenoble
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK35
The European Synchrotron, the ESRF, is an international research centre based in Grenoble, France.
Through its innovative engineering, pioneering scientific vision and a strong commitment from its 700 staff members, the ESRF is recognised as one of the top research facilities worldwide. Its particle accelerator produces intense X-ray beams that are used by thousands of scientists each year for experiments in diverse fields such as biology, medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage, materials science, and physics.
Supported by 22 countries, the ESRF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.
You will join a team of engineers and technicians in charge of developing advanced instrumentation for new experimental stations within the ESRF EBS Upgrade Programme. These high performances mechanical engineering projects involve ultra-high precision, vacuum and cooling technologies. You will benefit from the support of senior engineers expert in these fields; your responsibilities will be tailored according to your skills and experience.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Carry out feasibility studies and mechanical design studies using computer-assisted tools for components of the experimental lines (general layout, high stability supports, opto-mechanical devices, motorised precision mechanical systems)
- Participate in engineering calculations
- Supervise the production of detailed mechanical drawings, and coordinate the procurement, manufacturing, test and installation phases
We offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your quality of life and your installation in the Grenoble area when relocation is needed. The monthly gross salary may be complemented by additional allowances upon eligibility (expatriation allowance, etc.).
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Higher university degree (Master or equivalent 300 ECTS diploma) in mechanical engineering or a related discipline.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant professional experience, with skills in drafting, mechanical design and engineering calculations
- Use of mechanical design CAD software (e.g. SolidWorks)
- Knowledge in scientific instrumentation, and experience in procurement, manufacturing follow-up and project management would be additional assets
- Proficiency in English (working language at the ESRF)
EURAXESS offer ID: 453449
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.