ORGANISATION/COMPANYSt. Anne's University Hospital Brno
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherComputer science › Computer hardwareComputer science › Computer systemsComputer science › InformaticsComputer science › OtherComputer science › ProgrammingComputer science › Systems design
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/11/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONCzech Republic › Brno
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
- Participate in the design and planning of new and existing software development projects.
- Research and propose innovative software implementations to solve unique technical challenges.
- Assist in the daily technical management of multiple on-going national and international research projects, including clinical research and e-learning platforms.
- Participate in the planning of future upgrades and platform extensions.
- Prepare technical and instructional documentation, as required.
- Full-time (1.0 FTE) or part-time position until the end of 2020, with the possibility of further extension;
- Pleasant and modern working environment, located in the center of Brno;
- The opportunity to participate in progressive stroke research in an international team with an excellent reputation;
- Involvement in international projects;
- Self-actualization and education in the field of research projects;
- Introductory training in cerebrovascular research and its projects;
- 5 weeks of vacation.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in English language to firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail subject Software developer Brno). In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- At least 1-year experience working in a software development role or combination of experience and education in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field;
- Experience in web development, as well as Java development is helpful;
- Strong interest in acquiring software development skills in a variety of software stacks;
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies;
- Willingness to work as part of an international team, both with supervision and independently;
- English language fluency – spoken and written English will be used on a daily basis.
- Experience in multiple programming languages and multiple software stacks;
- Experience in software development, both front and back-end, e.g. PHP, Java, jQuery, Velocity templating;
- Experience using Python
- Experience in scripting, e.g. Bash, Lua;
- Experience working in a medical / research environment;
- Interest in stroke / medical imaging research;
- Interest in contributing to open source software;
- Knowledge of additional languages, especially Ukrainian, Polish, or Russian.
EURAXESS offer ID: 452427
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.