ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Literary Research Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2020
On October 1st, 2019, the Institute of Literary Research, Polish Academy of Sciences announces an open competition for:
POSITION: Assistant Professor, Literature and Culture of Late Modernity Research Group
RESEARCH FIELD: Literary studies, science of culture and religion
LOCATION: Institute of Literary Research, Warsaw, Poland
WORKING TIME: Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- an inspiring opportunity to conduct research within one of the best scientific units in Poland (A+ category), with a dynamic team dealing with current issues at the crossroads of literary studies and cultural studies;
- basic salary between PLN 3,200 and PLN 3,500 gross, depending on the level of compliance with the requirements, plus an additional service charge;
- expected start of employment: January 2020.
To enter the competition, please provide us with:
- your academic curriculum with a list of your publications,
- cover letter with a description of your research plans,
- copies of your three most important articles, one of which may be a chapter of a monograph.
Please email the above to: email@example.com, with the reference "Literatura i Kultura Późnej Nowoczesności ", until October 31st, 2019.
Upon review of the submitted documents, the Selection Committee will invite a selected group of candidates to the headquarters of ILR PAS in Warsaw, at Nowy Świat St. 72, for an interview. Any costs related to the travel should be covered by the Candidate
Regulations for conducting competitions for researchers at the Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences are available at http://ibl.waw.pl/pl/informacje-dla-pracownikow-ibl/hr-excellence-in-research
By submitting the application the Candidate consents to the processing of his/her personal data by the Institute of Literary Research of the Polish Academy of Sciences with its registered office in Warsaw 00-330, Nowy Świat St. 72, (ILR PAS).
Providing data in the scope defined by the provisions of the Act of 26 June 1974. The Labor Code together with pertinent executive acts is obligatory to take part in the competition (recruitment). Providing additional personal data is purely voluntary; by inserting this data in submitted documents the Candidate consents for their processing.
The Candidates’ data will be processed by the Institute solely for the purpose of ongoing recruitment, and will be removed from the Institute's records once the processing purpose has ceased.
Your data may be provided by the Institute to IT hosting providers for the Institute.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without giving any reasons, without affecting the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent expressed prior to its withdrawal.
In addition, you have the right to access your data, rectify, transfer, object to data processing, request their removal or limit their processing.
Contact with the DPO at the ILR PAS is possible via e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELLiterature: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESPOLISH: ExcellentENGLISH: Excellent
Requirements for Candidates:
- PhD title in humanities obtained after January 1st, 2018
- academic achievements in the field of literary studies, and cultural studies as well as in cross-field research, in particular: publications in journals important for the discipline, at least one own monograph, editorship of collective volumes;
- active participation in academic life: presentations at conferences important for the discipline, experience in organization of conferences and other scientific events;
- participation in grant projects grants as well as experience in managing individual or team projects;
- specified research plans for conducting research in the field of literature and culture of the late modernity; plans should also include and outline of the idea for project obtaining funds for research works from domestic or foreign grants;
- consenting to the ILR PAS being the main place of employment;
- fluency in Polish and English.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Literary Research Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 451060
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.