RESEARCH FIELDMedical sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/11/2019 14:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER801586
The IberusTalent Programme is an International Doctoral Programme promoted by the Campus of International Excellence (CIE) Campus Iberus that, will offer 36 positions to excellent pre-doctoral researchers of any nationality to develop individual research projects in the fields of Agrofood and Nutrition or Health Technologies, at one of the four Recruiting Universities (University of La Rioja, Public University of Navarre, University of Zaragoza and University of Lleida) during a 36 months stay.
The second call for applicants will offer 19 positions in the areas of Agrofood and Nutrition (14 positions) and Health Technologies (5 positions)
All the information regarding the programme, the conditions for the fellows, the research lines and the application process is collected on the project website: www.iberustalent.com
Research positions in the area of Health Technologies: https://www.iberustalent.com/health-technologies/
We include the Health Technologies research lines with the link to the detailed information of the projects:
Resistome, virulome and mobilome of Staphylococcus aureus: a One Health approach for Human Health applications
University of La Rioja
Use of probiotics in aquaculture and evaluation of its therapeutic benefit in animal models of human disease
Public University of Navarre
Miguel Ángel Barajas Vélez
Image-based analysis early biomaker for neurodegenerative diseases
Public University of Navarre
Carlos López Molina
Computational Approaches to Neurodegenerative Diseases based on Integrated Information measures
University of Zaragoza
Manuel González Bedia
Development of a simulation model for the analysis of femoral fracture healing treated with intramedullary nails
University of Zaragoza
Full time contract (up to 36 months, co-funded by MSCA COFUND grant) in the university promoting the position
Candidates will receive a gross annual salary of approximately 24.000-26.000 €*
Upon signing the contract, the fellows will automatically be registered under the general regime of the Spanish Social Security System, which stipulates the following benefits:
Healthcare: covers hospitalization at home, in a health centre or a hospital
Sickness cash benefits: starts from the 4th day (employer pays days 4-15 (60% of salary), social security system pays days 15-365 (75% of salary), which can be extended up to 180 days)
Maternity/paternity leave: 16 weeks (maternity) or 8 weeks (paternity in 2019), according to current legislation. Possibility of reduction of working hours for 12 months, after the 16 weeks of maternity leave provided by social security. The reduction of working hours can also be compacted, translating into a 4 weeks break, that can be added to the 16 weeks of maternity leave
Unemployment benefits: for a 3 year contact, the fellow will have the right to 12 months of unemployment, and receive an average of 65% of its salary per month
Vacation: 22 working days per year, plus 3 days of personal days off
* The employment contract in each recruiting institution will apply internal rules so final conditions might slightly differ among them.
Early Stage researcher from all nationalities can take part in IberusTalent programme if the meet the following requirements (according to admission conditions of Marie Slodowska Curie Actions)
Comply with the MSCA mobility rule: The candidates must not have resided or carried out their main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the end of the call (30th November 2019).
ESR eligibility criteria: Early-stage researchers (ESR) shall at the time of recruitment be in the first 4 years (full-time equivalent research experience*) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
*Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when a researcher obtained the degree which would formally entitle him or her to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited or seconded, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate is or was ever envisaged.
Hold a degree from another country in the EHEA which grants access to a Master’s degree and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level,
Hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master’s degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
3. Selection process
3.1 Eligibility check
All submitted applications and supporting documents will go through an eligibility check.
At the end of the eligibility check process, a provisional list of all candidates will be published on the IberusTalent webpage.
3.2 Evaluation criteria
The evaluation of the candidates will be done by independent Evaluation Committees, in order to avoid any conflict of interests and ensure a fair and equitable evaluation process.
The evaluation process will be implemented in 2 phases:
Step 1: Assessment of the applications, following the next criteria:
1. Academic profile: Weight – Max 50 (Threshold 35/50). Academic and/or professional curriculum in relation to the stage of the candidate’s career;
2. Motivation letter: Weight – Max 40 (Threshold 25/40). Originality, innovation and potential impact of the approach proposed for the selected research line.
3. Letters of reference: Weight – Max 10 (Threshold 6/10). Reference letters supporting the candidacy will be assessed taking into account the specificity of the content with regard to the candidate’s profile as well as the profile of the people who sign them.
At the end of this process, a provisional ranked list of all candidates will be published on the IberusTalent webpage.
Step 2 – Interview: This part will be open only for the 3 best candidates of each research line.
1. Candidate’s potential (weight 40%): in order to have a general perception of the candidate’s potential, experts will pay attention to “soft” skills, ability to present easily a complex reasoning, team working; and capabilities such as independent reasoning, originality, entrepreneurship, leadership, among others.
2. Motivation and statement of purpose (weight 30%): experts will assess, originality and feasibility aspects of the approach presented in the motivation letter as well as the candidate’s capabilities with regard to the scope of the project.
3. Academic background and theoretical fundamentals (weight 30%): experts will assess the consistency of the candidate’s academic background and CV in the area chosen to carry out the PhD.
3.3 Final Selection
The final scoring for each selected candidate will be given by:
1. The evaluation report from the Evaluation Committees (Step 1): Weight – 50%.
2. The individual scoring of the interviews (step 2): Weight – 50%.
At the end of this step, a preliminary list consisting of one selected and two reserve candidates for each research line will be published on the IberusTalent webpage.
EURAXESS offer ID: 444638
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.