RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE28/09/2019 22:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
A call is open for 1 research assistant at the Madeira-Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000002, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” – MITIExcell, under the following conditions:
Closing date: 24/09/2019
Type of contract: full time
Start date: 01-10-2019 (or any date after this)
Duration: 3 months, eventually renewable up to 9 months in total
Monthly stipend: 989,70 Euros
Job country: Portugal
Job city: Funchal
Job company/institute: Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI)
Workplace: Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI)
Main research field: Heritage and Digital Technologies
The job is part of a project that promotes social cohesion through collaborative, heritage-related tools. The idea is to provide inclusive access to tangible and intangible cultural heritage and, at the same time, facilitate encounters, discussions and interactions between communities at risk of social exclusion by welding together their fragmented experiences and memories into compelling and geolocalised storylines. The collected content will be digitalized and linked to the pre-existent European Cultural Heritage (CH).
Main tasks of the researcher will be:
- First 3 months: Understand the migrants panorama in Portugal, who are the communities, they composition and localization in the country. Survey for organizations that are involved with immigrant communities, make contact with them. Investigate what are their goals, and modus operandi. The results from the work will be made available through an extensive report.
- Collect state of the art and related work on cultural heritage and digital tools, related to the context of migrants. What projects have been done so far, where, collect best and worse practices. What are the main challenges/opportunities.
- In the subsequent 3 months - (from month 4 to 6): the researcher will be involved in building trust with the organizations and communities of choice. Focused groups and Storytelling workshops will be organized to better understand their needs and desired.
- Initial collection of stories and heritage assets, through the organization and involvement of storytelling and story making workshops. The use of some technology can be inserted, if desirable by the participants.
Candidates should meet three or more of the following requirements, skills and competences:
● Completed a Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Culture and Organizations and Master degree in Cultural Management
● Excellent spoken and written English skills is mandatory
● Availability to travel to meet communities and organizations outside of Madeira
Enhancing Museums’ Experiences Through Games and Stories for Young Audiences
V Cesário, A Coelho, V Nisi International Conference on Interactive Digital Storytelling, 351-354
The work will be conducted at Madeira-ITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. Valentina Nisi.
Legislation and regulations:
The scholarships are directed to applicants under the current conditions established on the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/) and Research Grant Holder Statute.
The scholarship will have a length of 3 months, with a possibility of renewal, with an expected start of October 1st, 2019.
The student will receive a stipend of 989,70 €/month as determined by the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). Accidents insurance is included.
How to apply:
Candidates must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24-09-2019. The subject of the email should be: MITIEXCELL – RH59.
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae (mandatory)
- Optional list of projects in the area that have already participated will be a plus
The curricular selection process will be based on:
- Curriculum Vitae (60%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
- Sabrina Scuri, PhD - M-ITI
- Nuno Nunes, PhD - IST, M-ITI
- Valentina Nisi, PhD - UMa, M-ITI
Notification of results:
The final results will be published through an ordered list by final note that will be posted in a visible and public place at the Madeira-ITI, being all candidates notified by email.
· The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
· MITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
· The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
EURAXESS offer ID: 441139
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.