ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/10/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
Luxembourg is a dynamic, multicultural country in the heart of Europe with a strong research and development base supported by important organisational resources. The Luxembourg Centre for Contemporary and Digital History (C2DH) is a research centre for the study, analysis and public dissemination of contemporary history of Luxembourg and Europe with a particular focus on digital methods and tools for doing innovative historical research. It serves as a catalyst for innovative and creative scholarship and new forms of public dissemination and societal engagement with history.
The Digital History Advanced Research Projects Accelerator (DHARPA) at C2DH is looking to hire a postdoctoral researcher as part of a recent PEARL Fellowship granted by the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR).
Postdoctoral Researcher in Digital History (m/f)
- Réf: 50012965
- Fixed-term contract 5 years)
- Full time (40 hours / week)
- Foreseen starting date: as soon as possible
The postdoctoral researcher will work under the supervision of Professor Sean Takats, who will be leading a team to develop a new software platform for historical research. Like Takats’s other research software projects Zotero (https://zotero.org) and Tropy (https://tropy.org), this new software will be a highly polished, user-friendly platform intended for wide public adoption.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We seek a highly motivated postdoc with the following profile:
- PhD in Contemporary History, Digital History, Public History or a related field
- Passionate about using technology to conduct historical research
- Experience in coordinating (digital) history projects
- Willingness to cooperate actively in a larger team
- Experience with grant writing will be a plus
- Good command of the following languages: English, French and/or German
- Contract subject to public national security system benefits
- A dynamic, exciting and equal opportunity international research environment
Applications should quote Ref: 50012965 and include
- A full curriculum vitae, including any publications
- The contact details of two referees
- A copy of the relevant diplomas
- A cover letter indicating your motivation for this project, relevant experience and future interests
Deadline for application: 01/10/2019 (The position will be advertised until filled).
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 436981
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.