ORGANISATION/COMPANYFree University of Bozen-Bolzano
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Computer architecture
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/01/2020 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Bozen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
The Laboratory for Advanced Computing and Systems (LACS) of the Computer Science Faculty at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano is looking for an enthusiastic and highly qualified PostDoc to work on a research project called "SPGAS: Smart and Parallel Graph Analytics System" in collaboration with several international partners including ARM ltd, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and University of Trento.
The project aims at designing efficient and scalable parallel graph analytics suitable to run on ARM-based computing systems.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in computer science, mathematics, parallel computing, and/or computer systems.
Minimum requirements for successful candidates:
- PhD in high-performance computing, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Premier HPC conferences publications, such as SC, PPoPP, IPDPS, HPDC
- Strong C/C++ knowledge and experience in software development
- Understanding of CPU parallel architectures
- Familiarity with OpenMP and MPI and parallel programming models
- Understanding of ARM architectures and vectorization techniques
- Knowledge of graph/hypergraphs and linear algebra algorithms
- Strong knowledge on the parallelization of irregular applications (e.g, graph analytics, sparse linear algebra)
- Familiarity with parallel data partitioning methods
Applicants need to be proficient in written and spoken English.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary for senior PostDoc (29K per year).
- Meal vouchers
- VISA and Social Security procedure support
- Where: Bozen, Italy
- Duration: 1-year renewable
*Start Date: By the end of 2019
- contact: flavio[dot] vella[at]unibz [dot] it - filippo[dot]spiga[at]arm[dot]com
EURAXESS offer ID: 432954
Posting organisation offer ID: 11005
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.