ORGANISATION/COMPANYISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA
RESEARCH FIELDPsychological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › GENOVA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), is looking for a postdoctoral scientist to work in the “Social cognition in human-robot interaction” Research Line.
We are seeking highly motivated, skilled and experienced scientists with background in cognitive or social neuroscience and focus on social cognition in basic and applied research.
The candidates are required to have:
- PhD degree either in cognitive neuroscience, cognitive science, social neuroscience, experimental psychology, clinical psychology or other related fields
- Extensive experience with methods of experimental psychology and/or cognitive neuroscience and empirical research
- Experience with designing experiments for basic and applied psychology research, preferably experience with clinical applications
- Proficiency in statistics and statistical analysis tools (such as R, MATLAB, Python, SPSS)
- Experience with software for programming experiments (such as OpenSesame, PsychoPy, MATLAB - PsychToolbox)
- High interest in social cognition
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Interest in human-robot interaction and humanoid robotics
- Ability to conduct research independently
- Experience with working in interdisciplinary and international teams
Experience with the following would be highly valued:
- Qualification as Professional Psychologist
- Being enrolled on the Ordine degli Psicologi (register of psychologists)
The successful candidate will work on conducting empirical studies in the domain of social cognition in human-robot interaction with methods of cognitive and social neuroscience, with potential application to clinical domains.
Interested applicants should submit in electronic form (1) their CV outlining experience and qualifications, (2) list of publications, (3) their two best first-author papers, (4) a cover letter outlining motivation and statement of research interests and (5) names and contacts of 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 5th, 2020, stating "Post-Doc Opening in Social Cognition in Human-Robot Interaction - BC: 75192" in the subject of the e-mail.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, with its headquarters in Genoa, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy's technological competitiveness. IIT's research endeavour focuses on high-tech and innovation, representing the forefront of technology with possible application from medicine to industry, computer science, robotics, life sciences and nanobiotechnologies.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Please note that the data that you provide will be used exclusively for the purpose of professional profiles’ evaluation and selection, and in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it)
EURAXESS offer ID: 432915
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.