RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 22:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
REFERENCE NUMBERNo 823893
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
EU-OPENSCREEN is a new European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC) with a focus on chemical biology. It was founded in April 2018 and is supported with membership fees from eight European countries: the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Latvia, Norway, Poland and Spain. More countries are preparing their participation.
We offer researchers from Europe and the world access to a compound library and a broad range of technologies for the identification of chemical tool compounds. Results will be made available in an open access database to support research in life sciences and their applications in medicine and agriculture.
The headquarter of EU-OPENSCREEN is located on the Science Campus Berlin-Buch. We offer attractive working conditions, promote your professional development through qualifications and continuing educational programs, and actively support a work-life balance. Handicapped applicants will be given preference if equally qualified. Further information on EU-OPENSCREEN can be found at www.eu-openscreen.eu.
We now have an opening for a responsible, motivated and efficient …
Scientific Project Manager (Job code: SPM)
- Management of scientific projects related to chemical tool development, including: a) monitoring of overall progress, b) tracking of resources, budget and timelines, c)reporting and documentation
- Effective liaison with EU-OPENSCREEN partner sites, users and other members of the central office team, acting as scientific contact for technical user enquiries
- Writing of scientific articles, development of a publication strategy
- Advise on planned projects and proactive engagement with external scientists as potential users of EU-OPENSCREEN scientific services. Support proposal writing for prospective EU-OPENSCREEN users
- Preparation of grant proposals for third party funding, in close collaboration with EU-OPENSCREEN grant and strategy managers
Interested candidates should submit their updated CV with supporting documents and a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position remains open until a suitable candidate is identified. More information about the role can be obtained from email@example.com, +49 30 9489 2420
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Doctoral degree in Biology, Chemistry or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience as project manager in interdisciplinary projects with international institutions
- Solid practical knowledge in assay and chemical probe development
- Good track record of scientific publications
- Proven track record for effective team work
- Strong organizational, management and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of English, good knowledge of German or another European language would be a plus
EURAXESS offer ID: 432774
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.