RESEARCH FIELDTechnology › Transport technology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE04/12/2019 00:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONNetherlands › Helmond
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
We are on the brink of a breakthrough with the upcoming introduction of the Lightyear One. Do you want to contribute to these world changing goals? As a functional safety engineer you will analyse and discuss the concept/systems/components of the car in order to write safety concepts. In cooperation these safety concepts are discussed with other internal and external safety experts to make optimum decisions which improve the safety of the car. You will be working across a lot of different systems and multidisciplinary. You will perform functional safety management activities according to relevant automotive standards during all phases. The ISO26262 functional safety standard is the base for the majority of the activities.
As a functional safety engineer you will focus on improving the safety of the car. This includes:
- Being the contact point for other engineers for safety related questions
- Collaborate with different stakeholders like our engineering team on functional safety
- Create functional safety awareness across departments
- Perform hazard analysis, DFMEA, qualitative and quantitative fault tree analysis
- Performing analysis of safety of system concepts
- Derive concepts to enhance safety
- Develop safety plans to ensure compliance with ISO26262 and implement ISO 26262 for various systems
- Lead and coordinate creation of functional safety documentation according ISO26262 for projects
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout product development cycles
What do we offer
Next to getting the opportunity to have a massive, positive impact on the future of mobility within your role! You also get the chance to work for a company with a true and ambitious mission. So, sometimes Lightyear One comes along and you just have to jump on!
Furthermore we offer:
- High level of autonomy
- A multidisciplinary team of highly motivated and talented people
- A fast growing organization with lots of opportunities
- 40 vacation days per year
- Flexible working hours
- Excellent travel expenses
- An interesting and well balanced pension plan that fits Lightyear and our mission
- An interesting share plan to really become part of Lightyear
- Time for informal get-togethers on Monday morning and Friday afternoon
- Attention for a good work & life balance
- We are building towards the future every day, we started in 2016 and we're making big steps. We are also building and improving our conditions for our employees.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESDUTCH: GoodENGLISH: GoodGERMAN: Good
EURAXESS offer ID: 432246
Posting organisation offer ID: 14450
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.