ORGANISATION/COMPANYPROTON: 10 European Universities / 2 Companies
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › Biological engineeringChemistry › Computational chemistryChemistry › Physical chemistryChemistry › Reaction mechanisms and dynamicsPhysics › BiophysicsPhysics › Computational physics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/10/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONMultiple locations, see work locations below.
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER860592
PROTON is an international training network (ITN) in the frame of Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions (MSCA). 10 academic and 2
industrial partners joint to train 15 PhD students in the field of proton transport and proton coupled transport. The research projects
of the PhD students aim at clarifying the molecular reaction mechanisms of protons in the confines of interfacial water layers and proteinaceous cavities with emphasis on proton mobility.
PROTON offers full time positions for 36 months with many additional benefits. Students interested in joining PROTON are invited to apply. The earliest starting day is 1.10.2019. We look for students holding or very close to completing their Master degree in (Bio)Physics, (Bio)Chemistry or Optics with the following qualities: i) exceptional academic performance, including qualifications, prizes; ii) subject specific skills and expertise iii) communication, presentation skills and team working abilities.
You are eligible to apply if you are: (i) in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of your research career; (ii) have not resided or
carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of your potential host organization for more than 12 months in the 3
years immediately prior to their recruitment. iii) are competent in written and spoken English
- Family allowance (when applicable)
- Mobility allowance
You are eligible to apply if you are: (i) in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of your research career; (ii) have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of your potential host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to their recruitment. iii) are competent in written and spoken English.
Please select two or three projects of your choice from the list (#. Project, Supervisor). All positions have an individual advertisement on Euraxess. Follow the indicated link next to the position you are interested in to learn more about the specific requirements and about details of the application procedure that may vary between the different universities and companies. Please send your application (letter of motivation, detailed CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org and to the PI(s) of the project.
1. Lateral Proton Migration along lipid membranes, Prof. Peter Pohl; https://www.euraxess.ba/jobs/428161
2. Proton Uptake from the membrane surface by membrane channels and transportes, Prof. Peter Pohl; https://www.euraxess.at/jobs/437625
3. Second harmonic (SH) Imaging of charge, water and proton mobility on free standing lipid membranes, Prof. Sylvie Roke; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/448973
4. Ion channels as seen by water, Prof. Sylvie Roke; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/448973
5. Biomimetic synthetic self-assembled proton channels, Dr. Mihail Barboiu; https://www.euraxess.ba/jobs/447766
6. Proton transport on the hydrated surfaces of Green Fluorescent Protein (GFP) and collagen fibrils and mats, Prof. Noam Agmon; https://www.euraxess.mk/jobs/437996
7. Mechanism of the proton transport activation in UCPs, Prof. Elena Pohl; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/433411
Requires background in biophysics; involves: molecular biology of recombinant proteins, electrophysiology
8. Protozoal and human proton-coupled lactate transport: molecular mechanisms and drug-like inhibitors, Prof. Eric Beitz; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/439202
9. Proton-gating of the urea channel (Urel) from the human gastric pathogen Helicobacter pylori, Prof. Harmut Luecke; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/449462
10. Proton transfer at anionic membrane interfaces, Prof. Ana-Nicoleta Bondar; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/449499
11. Formate nitrite transporters: proton-coupled transport and inhibitor design from MD simulations, Prof. Jochen Hub; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/440547
12. Molecular characterization of the mobility and hydration of the function-relevantregion of the urea channel HpUreI located at the vicinity of the protonsensitive loop, Prof. Martin Hof; https://www.euraxess.al/jobs/438050
13. Proton-sensing mechanism of GPR68, Dr. Herbert Nar; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/449504
14. Application of FCCS to analyse reconstituted membrane proteins in Giant Unilamellar Vesicles (GUV) and related artificial membranes, Dr. Stefan Hannus; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/447567
15. Mitochondrial Uncoupling Proteins: proton channels or proton-fatty acid co-transporters?, Prof. Harmut Luecke; https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/449462
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalentComputer science: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
i) exceptional academic performance;
ii) subject specific skills and expertise;
iii)presentation skills and team working abilities.
You are eligible to apply if you are:
(i) in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of your research career;
(ii) have not resided or carried out your main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of your potential host organization for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to your recruitment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 431883
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.