RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/08/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
A call is open for 1 researcher position at the Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000002, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” – MITIExcell, under the following conditions:
Closing date: 26-08-2019
Type of contract: full time
Start date: 01-09-2019 (or any date after this)
Duration: 3 months, eventually renewable
Monthly stipend: 752,38 Euros
Job country: Portugal
Job city: Funchal
Job company/institute: Madeira-Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI)
Workplace: Madeira-Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI)
Main research field: Computer Science
The research assistant is expected to be developing and testing acoustic sensors for detecting and monitoring insects. The post requires experience in programming of sensor systems and also visualisation of data, deployment and analysis of data using. We are looking for a candidate with a background in computer science and media.
Candidates should meet the following requirements, skills and competences:
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science;
- Excellent spoken and written English skills is mandatory;
- Background in computer science and media.
The work will be conducted at Madeira-ITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Dr. Nuno Nunes.
Legislation and regulations:
The scholarships are directed to applicants under the current conditions established on the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/) and Research Grant Holder Statute.
The scholarship will have a length of 3 months, eventually renewable, with an expected start of September 1st, 2019.
The student will receive a stipend of 752,38 €/month as determined by the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). Accidents insurance is included.
How to apply:
Candidates must send an email to email@example.com no later than 26-08-2019. The subject of the email should be: MITIEXCELL – RH54.
The following elements should be included in the email:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
The curricular selection process will be based on:
- Curriculum Vitae (30%);
- Background (40%);
- Interview (30%) if there are multiple eligible candidates.
- Duarte Nuno Jardim Nunes, PhD
- Johannes Schöning, PhD
- Valentina Nisi, PhD
Notification of results:
An email message will be sent to each applicant.
- The selection process will be based on the principle of non-discrimination in respect of gender, age, nationality, religion, racial group, or any other possible discriminatory issue. Selection will be made only based on merit and following the European Charter for Researchers, the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers (Commission Recommendation, Brussels, 11.3.2005, 2005/251/EC) and the recommendations from the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA).
- MITI is a recognized “refugee welcoming organization" by the European Commission, follows the European Charter for Researchers and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals.
- The deadline for application may be extended at any time without previous notice having in mind the requirements for the positions under this call.
EURAXESS offer ID: 431838
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.