RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)Leading Researcher (R4)
APPLICATION DEADLINE06/01/2020 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE19/01/2020
About UIC Barcelona
UIC Barcelona is home to over 7,000 students and offers 15 bachelor’s degree programmes, 26 international double degrees and a wide range of master's and postgraduate degrees, in addition to continuing education courses in different fields of knowledge. Since 1997, we have been teaching people through academic rigour, university life and enriching life experiences. The UIC Barcelona team is made up of professionals who are qualified not only in the field of teaching, but also in research, management, administration, communication, services and systems. Behind the professionalism of each individual, at UIC Barcelona, you will also find a young and dynamic work atmosphere.
Click on the following link to find out more about UIC Barcelona: https://www.uic.es/en/philosophy-and-values
The Institute for Multilingualism at the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona) is looking for a senior researcher in the field of Second Language Acquisition (SLA). The candidate will be involved in leading SLA research in different learning contexts and Will create synergies with the Institute for Multilingualism’s current research group (www.uic.es/en/ifm/research/research-group-lines).
The applicant will be expected to apply for national and international research grants to self-fund the research carried at the Institute for Multilingualism.
- A 3-year tenure-track position, which will become permanent depending on the evaluation and objectives achieved.
- A competitive salary based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
- Start date: January 2020 (date is negotiable).
How to apply:
All applications must be submitted in a single PDF document. The title of the document should be your last name. The document must include:
- A cover letter with a statement of interest
- A full CV including contact details
- A summary of the scientific impact of your publications (including H-index and number of publications in the various journal impact factor quartiles) and a publication list that includes the impact factor and quartile of each publication.
The candidate must have:
- A PhD in a discipline related to the position.
- A minimum of 4 years of postdoctoral experience.
The following aspects of the applicant’s CV will be taken into consideration:
- Have an excellent track record in SLA research (Classroom research, Instructed SLA, CLIL/ICLHE, EMI, TBLT, L2 Pragmatics, Language Assessment, Research Methodology, Bilingualism, or a related field) with solid quantitative skills. Particular consideration will be given to candidates with their own funding as principal investigator and/or who sign papers as senior author.
- Proven record of effective teaching of Applied Linguistics and/or English for Specific Purposes.
- Ability to lead a research group and secure external funding.
- Ability to successfully teach and supervise graduate and undergraduate students.
- Ability to work in groups and with other teams.
EURAXESS offer ID: 430240
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.