RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE20/08/2019 23:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPortugal › Funchal
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
REFERENCE NUMBERMITIExcell – RH52
A call is open for one research fellow at the Madeira Interactive Technologies Institute (M-ITI) of the University of Madeira (Funchal, Portugal), under the Regional Project M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000002, co-financed by “Madeira 14-20” – MITIExcell, under the following conditions:
Scientific area: Sports Science
The ideal candidate would be a sport science professional or a closely related discipline with background in one or more of the following fields: pedagogical teaching/training experience, sports performance evaluation and analysis; observational system for physical performance experience. Experience in applied human computer Interaction, ICT for health, assessment with depth sensors or full body tracking technologies on football topic will be a plus.
Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in sports science or physical education and sports or other relevant disciplines for the project;
- Training experience in the football topic.
- Strong oral and written English communication skills, people skills, the ability to work independently as well as a team member and taking the initiative and being proactive;
- Willingness to participate and support End—User evaluations in the football context.
The main task for the accepted candidate will be to conduct research towards the area of assisted technologies, incorporating multimodal signal processing systems for the quantification and evaluation of human activity, behavior, emotional and cognitive states with real-time feedback.
The main tasks will consist of:
- Development of multimodal signal processing systems for the quantification and evaluation of human activity, behavior, emotional and cognitive states, particularly, on the topic of teaching sport concepts and skills.
- Conduct assessments on cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular fitness, body composition, flexibility and balance in different sport contexts.
- Monitoring of user state by means of biosensors, computer vision systems and exercise performance data. User state will be assessed in a transparent manner and data will be visualized through friendly user interfaces, and shared with athletes and coaches.
- Analysis of physiological signals.
- Performing/supporting clinical interventions of virtual-reality-based platforms.
Legislation and regulations: The scholarships are directed to applicants under the current conditions established on the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/) and Research Grant Holder Statute.
Work place: The candidate will work within an interdisciplinary team of researchers with competences in both technical and clinical domains. The work will be conducted at Madeira-ITI (Funchal, Portugal), under the supervision of Prof. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia.
Scholarship length: The scholarship will have a length of 1 year, with an expected start September 1st, 2019, eventually renewable until the end of the project. The Regional Project M1420-01-0145-FEDER-000002 – MITIExcell end is 31st of December 2020.
Monthly stipend: The student will receive a stipend of 752,38€/month as determined by the FCT regulations (http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores). Voluntary Social Security (SSV) and accidents insurance are included.
Selection process: The selection process will be based on:
- Motivation letter (10%)
- Curriculum Vitae (30%)
- Previous experience (20%)
- Interview (40%) if there are multiple eligible candidates
Recommendation letters are facultative but can contribute positively to the evaluation. Speaking and understanding Portuguese is strictly necessary as the candidate will for with the local athletes and coaches.
Selection committee: Prof. Dr. Élvio Rúbio Gouveia (President), Prof. Dr. Nuno Nunes, Prof. Dr. Pedro Campos.
Notification of results: The final results will be published through an ordered list by final note that will be posted in a visible and public place at the Madeira-ITI, being all candidates notified by email.
Candidacy term and applications form: The competition will be open over the period of 22-07-2019 and 20-08-2019.
Required documents include a transcript of degrees, CV and motivation letter.
Applications and queries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference “MITIExcell-RH52”
EURAXESS offer ID: 429972
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.