ORGANISATION/COMPANYLatvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesArchitectureComputer scienceEngineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/08/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONLatvia › Jelgava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
„Information technology, computer equipment, electronics, telecommunications, computer management and computer science” (field of study – “Information and communication technologies, Large data analysis and management”, 1 position),
“Production and processing” (field of study –“Food and beverage technologies and quality control”, 1 position),
“Architecture and civil engineering” (field of study - “Structural engineering”, 1 position),
„Mechanics and metalworking, thermal energy, heat engineering and mechanical engineering” (field of study - “Metalworking, mechanical engineering”, 1 position),
“Agriculture, forest management, fishing, veterinary medicine and food hygiene” (field of study - “Crop production”, 1 position)
The following documents are required for ESF funding:
- The application for ESF funding (appendix 1).
- CV (in the Europass form; including experience of scientific work and list of publications)
- Copy of the doctoral diploma.
- Statement of higher education of the European Union (except Latvia) regarding employment in an academic position over the last five years.
- Other documents according to the opinion of applicant.
- The Committee for the evaluation of compatibility of knowledge, experience, and competence of foreign academic staff to the chosen academic position will be set up.
- The analysis and evaluation for the submitted documents will be done and, if necessary, face- to face interviews will be carried out.
- The volume of academic workload, length of contract, remuneration and lecture time schedule are being agreed with the most appropriate applicant. Within the scope of the project Latvian language training will be ensured for foreign academic staff.
- The contract will be signed for at least 6 months.
Requirements and criteria for the beneficiaries:
- A person who has been holding an academic position at an accredited foreign higher education institution in the EU during the previous five years.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) or comparable degree to PhD in the respective field of science.
- Research and academic working experience in the respective field of science.
- Fluent English (at least level C1, according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale).
- Very good digital literacy (according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale) and knowledge of new technologies in the learning process.
- Experience in international and/or national research projects
- Previous experience in developing study materials and improving study content, in preparing publications and knowledge of web-based study environments.
- Participation with presentations/reports in at least 3 international conferences in the last 5 years.
- Published monographs and scientific articles, including at least 3 indexed issues.
EURAXESS offer ID: 429867
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.