RESEARCH FIELDMathematics › Applied mathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Erlangen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/01/2020
Ph.D. and Postdoc positions
A recently established Chair of Applied Analysis at the Department of Mathematics of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU), in Germany, co-funded by an Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH) Professorship, led by Enrique Zuazua, is looking for outstanding candidates to fill several
Ph.D. and Postdoctoral positions.
Our group, in the broad area of Applied Mathematics, develops and applies methods of Mathematical and Computational Mathematics to model, understand, design and control the dynamics of various phenomena arising in the interphase of Mathematics with Engineering, Physics, Bilogy and Social Sciences.
We are welcoming applications by young and highly motivated scientists to contribute to this exciting joint AvH-FAU effort. Possible research projects include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of Partial Differential Equations (PDE)
- Control of diffusion models arising in Biology and Social Sciences
- Modelling and control of multi-agent systems
- Hyperbolic models arising in traffic flow and energy transport.
- Fractional PDE
- Optimal design in Material Sciences
- Micro-macro limit processes
- The interplay between discrete and continuous modelling in design and control
- The emergence of turnpike phenomena in long-time horizons
- Inversion and parameter identification
- Development of new computation tools and software
We are looking for excellent candidates with expertise in the areas of applied mathematics, PDE analysis, control theory, numerical analysis and computational mathematics who enjoy interdisciplinary work.
EURAXESS offer ID: 429183
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.