ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Innsbruck
RESEARCH FIELDLanguage sciences › Philology
RESEARCHER PROFILEEstablished Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/08/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Innsbruck
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
- for 6 years, possibility of a qualification agreement
- Assistant professor in the field of Slavic literature/culture with special consideration of cultural entanglements
Responsibilities: The successful candidate is expected to
- conduct independent research in the field of Russian and another Slavic literature/culture, preferably in the field of languages taught at the Institute of Slavic Studies (Polish, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian), with special emphasis on cultural entanglements in the past and present
- participate in research projects of the Institute of Slavic Studies and in research networks of the University (e.g. the research area "Cultural Encounters–Cultural Conflicts")
- teach independently
- supervise students
- participate in academic self-administration
- cooperate in administrative tasks
- Above-average doctorate in the field of Slavic literature/culture (submission of a short description of the dissertation of 1-2 pages)
- Relevant scientific achievements beyond the dissertation (publications, lectures)
- Postdoctoral experience or relevant professional experience
- Research focus in the field of Russian and another Slavic literature/culture, preferably in the field of languages taught at the Institute of Slavic Studies (Polish, Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian)
- Presentation of a research concept at habilitation level of 7-10 pages in the field of Slavic literature/culture, preferably with special consideration of cultural entanglements
- Willingness to cooperate in the relevant research networks of the University of Innsbruck (e.g. research area "Cultural Encounters–Cultural Conflicts")
- Experience in cooperation in the field of third-party funding
- Teaching experience in the field of Slavic literature/culture and submission of a teaching concept with 3-5 pages
- Willingness to represent Slavic literary and cultural studies in teaching (BA, MA in Slavic Studies and pre-service teacher education in Russian as a foreign language), to supervise final theses and to participate in exam committees
- Knowledge of Russian (if not L1, then at least C1), another Slavic language, preferably in the field of languages taught at the Institute of Slavic Studies (at least B1), German (if not L1, then at least B2)
- International academic mobility experience
- Very high communication and team skills, autonomy and organisational skills
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary be found here:
The University of Innsbruck is committed to raising the quota of female employees and therefore explicitly welcomes applications from qualified women. This applies in particular to scientific positions. In the case of female underrepresentation women with equal qualifications will be given priority.
In accordance with Austrian disability laws qualified people with special requirements are expressly encouraged to apply for jobs. For more information please contact the disabled confidant Dr. Adolf Sandbichler.
What the University of Innsbruck offers:
From a company pension scheme, to flexible working hours and child care facilities the University of Innsbruck offers its employees a wide range of benefits which is being continuously extended.
Along with interesting oppurtunities for the participation in job-related and personal further education courses, and the succesful compatibility of career and family, employees can benefit from a large range of courses offered by the University Sports Institute (USI), the language courses offered by the ISI, the University Library and take advantage of the various canteens offering reasonably priced food.
A summary of the benefits for University employees can be found here: http://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/
The University of Innsbruck as employer
Are you looking for a new challenge? The University of Innsbruck is a place of study, research and employment for more than 31.000 people. As one of the largest employers in Tyrol the University offers a varied and exciting field of activity for its employees from very diverse educational and professional backgrounds. The University explicitly welcomes diversity and is committed to the principle of equal opportunity. It is a certified family-friendly workplace and received the award 'Top workplace 2018' from the Austrian business magazine 'trend'.
At the University of Innsbruck researchers from all over the world come together. Depending on the individual scientific community the language used may be German, English or another (if unanimously decided).
Internal communication is in German. Therefore a basic knowledge of German or the willingness to acquire such knowledge is essential.
EURAXESS offer ID: 428611
Posting organisation offer ID: PHIL-KULT-10725
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.