ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra
RESEARCH FIELDJuridical sciences › Private law
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE27/08/2019 14:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
REFERENCE NUMBER807056 JUST
UPF Law School (Research Group in Private Law) is looking for 1-2 candidates (Pre-doc / Post-doc researcher) specialised in Consumer Law to work as Research Assistants at the FricoRe project: Fundamental Rights in Courts and Regulation (JUST/2017/Action Grants).
The aim of FricoRe is contributing to the effective and coherent application of EU law in consumer protection, migration, data protection, health law and non-discrimination, focusing on the EU Charter and taking into account the impact of digital technologies on vulnerability and enforcement of fundamental rights. This aim will be achieved through two different mechanisms: design and publication of guidelines on effective enforcement by courts, administrative enforcers and ADR bodies, and organization of two transnational workshops addressed, respectively, to experts and trainers
Participant universities are Università Degli Studi Di Trento, the Instytut Nauk Prawnych Polskiej Akademii Nauk (Poland); the Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin-En-Yvelines (France); the Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (Netherlands); the Universidade De Coimbra (Portugal); the Fondazione Bruno Kessler (Italy); the Scuola Superiore Della Magistratura (Italy) and Universitat Pompeu Fabra (Spain).
SPECIFIC CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- BA in law. A PhD degree is not a requirement but will be positively considered
- It would be taken into special consideration that the candidate has done his or her research on European Consumer law.
- English oral and writing skills.
- Analytical skills.
TASKS TO BE DEVELOPED BY THE RESEARCH ASISSTANT:
- Active participation in the research activities conducted within the FricoRe project
- Support in the research activities, case law research, preparation of training and workshop materials within the Fricore Project at the Department of Law - Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Presentation of the research results obtained at workshops and conferences at the Department of Law - Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Curriculum vitae
- A cover letter (at most 1 page) explaining the reasons why the candidate is interested in this position
- A letter (at most 1 page) explaining the candidate’s background related to European Consumer law
- A list of grades of the Bachelor and Master (or equivalent) programs
- A copy of a relevant writing sample
- Name and contact details of 2 academic referees
- If deemed necessary, candidates may be interviewed
Please submit your complete application no later than 27/8/2019. Only complete applications submitted will be considered.
- Deadline for submissions: 27/8/2019
- Communication of acceptance: 13/9/2019
- Starting date: 1/10/2019
The Research Assistant will be appointed full time for a period of 6 months at the Department of Law at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
The intended starting date of the contract is 1/10/2019. The gross monthly salary ranges from 1500 to 2000 euros/month.
Dr. Sonia Ramos González
Dr. Antoni Rubí Puig
Dr. Mireia Artigot Golobardes
Candidates will be contacted during September with the evaluation results (communication of acceptance: 13/9/2019).
Short-listed candidates might be invited for an interview.
The expected starting date of the contract is 1/10/2019.
Universitat Pompeu Fabra (http://www.upf.edu) is a research-oriented university located in the centre of Barcelona, with a highly international faculty and student body.
For more information about the Department of Law at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and the Research Group in Private Law visit the following websites:
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELJuridical sciences: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 427332
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.