ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Silesia in Katowice
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE24/08/2019 15:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONPoland › Katowice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
Dean Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection, University of Silesia in Katowice announces open competition for the position research adiunkt (post-doc) at the Department of Biochemistry Faculty of Biology and Environmental Protection of the University of Silesia.
The contest is open to people with an impeccable ethical attitude, meeting the requirements provided for in art. 113 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1668) and the qualifications listed below.
• an information clause compliant with the RODO for candidates for work in accordance with regulation No. 79/2019 of the Rector of the University of Silesia in Katowice of 17 June 2019.
• consent to the processing of data contained in the submitted documents for purposes related to the competition procedure, available on the department website (http://www.wbios.us.edu.pl/dokumenty_formularze_druki.html),
• application for employment / entry to the competition, also containing a brief description of the candidate's research interests,
• CV (including prizes, distinctions, participation in conferences and previous training, obtained certificates, and the current course of employment, etc.),
• a copy of a master's and doctor's diploma or a certificate of obtaining a doctoral degree,
• full list of publications,
• copies of other documents confirming your qualifications,
• contact details (email address) to two people who can give an opinion (recommendation) about the candidate (the recruitment committee provides for the possibility of contact with the indicated persons),
• personal questionnaire of the candidate for work (https://pracownik.us.edu.pl/sites/pracownik.us.edu.pl/files/imce/druki_s...),
• a statement in accordance with art.113 points 2 and 3 in connection with art.20 par. 1 point 1-3 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science, available on the University of Silesia website (http://pracownik.us.edu.pl/sites/pracownik.us.edu.pl/files /imce/druki_sprawy-kadrowe/oswiadczenie_o_niekaralnosci.pdf)
• a statement that the University of Silesia will be a basic place of work within the meaning of the Act (Article 120 of the Act of 20 July 2018 - Law on Higher Education and Science), available on the University of Silesia website (http://pracownik.us.edu. en / sites / pracownik.us.edu.pl / files / IMCE / files / osw._miejsce_pracy_podst.pdf).
Selected persons can be individually invited for an interview conducted in English, during which they will present their scientific achievements.
The competition should be completed no later than within 2 months from the date of the announcement. The competition is decided by the Faculty Council. The candidate selected in the competition procedure is employed by the Rector, at the request of the Faculty Dean, with the opinion of the Faculty Council.
The above documents should be sent in electronic form by 09 August 2019, by 12:00 to the address of the project manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required Research Experiences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE4 - 10
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The candidate should have:
• Ph.D. degree in the field of biotechnology, biology or related sciences obtained not earlier than 5 years before the year of employment (2019),
• a scientific publication presenting the results of research being the basis for obtaining a Ph.D. degree,
• achievements in scientific work in the field of microbiology, environmental biotechnology and molecular biology of microorganisms,
• documented current (last 4 years) scientific achievements in the field of biochemistry and microbiology of microorganisms that meets the following requirements: at least 3 publications from the A list of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education, including the minimum one with a score of ≥35 points and two with a score of not less than 30 points. (the candidate should be the first author of at least two of these publications).
• practical knowledge of molecular biology methods (isolation of DNA and RNA from bacteria, methods of bacterial identification based on 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis, analysis of next generation sequencing results, Real-Time PCR, DNA cloning, protein isolation, electrophoretic techniques, Western-Blot, bioinformatic analysis of DNA sequences, analysis of enzyme activities), knowledge of scanning, fluorescence, confocal microscopy, knowledge of the Biolog® system, isolation and identification of fatty acids, liquid chromatography methods, methods of immobilization of microorganisms.
• experience in managing and implementing scientific projects,
• active participation in international and national scientific conferences (presentations, posters),
• very good knowledge of English enabling efficient communication and preparation of scientific publications.
EURAXESS offer ID: 426296
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.