ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Lodz
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/08/2019 00:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Lodz
TYPE OF CONTRACTTo be defined
HOURS PER WEEK40
competition for the position of assistant professor
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELLiterature: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
The successful candidate is expected to have a PhD in humanities (literature) or culture studies.
The successful candidate should:
- have comprehensive knowledge in literary studies, contemporary culture and media;
- speak fluent English, preferably a graduate of English Studies;
- have at least 5 years of experience in teaching students of English philology, including teaching literature;
- have documented post-doc academic achievements (publication of original research, participation in conferences and workshops);
- experience in organising conferences, festivals, and other events promoting literature and culture will be an asset.
The appointee will deliver classes and lectures in the broadly defined field of literature and culture, as well as other courses offered by the Department. Additional duties will include the assessment of students’ progress, and contributing to academic programmes developed in the Department. He or she is expected to carry out research in line with the Department’s field of study.
Persons entering the competition must submit an application for employment addressed to the HM Rector of the University of Lodz, together with the following attachments:
- personal questionnaire,
- a statement that the University of Lodz will be the main place of work in the meaning of the above mentioned Act,
- information concerning the degree of knowledge of foreign languages
- a full list of scientific achievements (publications) and participation in scientific conferences
EURAXESS offer ID: 425580
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.