ORGANISATION/COMPANYAustrian Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDHistory › Modern history
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE30/09/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The Institute for Modern and Contemporary Historical Research (INZ), a research institute of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (ÖAW), the largest non-university research institution in Austria, is offering a
Post Doc Position(w*m)
(40 hours per week)
in the research unit “History of the Habsburg Monarchy”.
The INZ is an institute with an interdisciplinary profile and foci in early modern and modern history. Within a dynamic research environment, you will set independent research priorities in a cultural and social sciences-oriented interdisciplinary field.
- Conducting research and publishing in the field of gender history of court society (Hofgesellschaft) in the Habsburg Monarchy. Chronologically the focus of the research should be in the period between 1600 and 1900.
- Development of projects and the raising of project-specific third-party funds
- International networking as well as the conception and organisation of conferences
- Active participation in the activities of the research unit and the INZ
- University degree (Ph.D. – published doctoral dissertation) with focus on modern history and gender history
- High profile in international research publication activities
- Independent and result-oriented work approach
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funds and project coordination
- Readiness for teamwork
In accordance with the collective agreement for employees of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, the monthly gross salary is at least € 3.130,60.
The Austrian Academy of Sciences values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
Please send your detailed application including CV, diplomas (copy), a list of publications, a draft of approx. two pages outlining a strategy for projects, conferences, publications, international networking and internal collaboration options with specific reference to your own research plans by email to email@example.com no later than September 30, 2019.
EURAXESS offer ID: 424154
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.