ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE31/08/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
Post-Doctoral position in Growth Theory (m/f)
- Ref: F2-110020 (to be mentioned in all correspondence)
- Fixed-term 24-months contract, extendable depending on the acquisition of external funding
- Full-time position, 40h/week
- Employee Status
- The post-doctoral researcher will be working within the Centre for Research in Economics and Management and is expected to contribute to research in the area of growth theory.
- We particularly encourage researchers with interests in theoretical and empirical research with a focus on the relationship between economic growth and the individual supply of labour.
- The main tasks include writing academic papers, participating actively in the life of the department (e.g. seminars, workshops), and interacting with Ph.D. candidates, especially within the economic growth group.
- A contribution to teaching activities (up to 2 hours a week) is expected.
- The post-doctoral researcher will be under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Andreas Irmen.
Questions about the position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD degree in Economics with strong background in growth theory, growth empirics, and quantitative economics in general.
- Very good English language skills.
- Willingness to work in an inter-cultural and international environment.
- Curiosity and self-motivation.
- Fully-funded position.
- An exciting international and multilingual research environment.
- Personal work space at the University (full-time contracts require the candidate to work at the University premises).
- Gender-friendly workplace.
Applications should be submitted online before 31/08/2019 in English and should include the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- A motivation letter with a description of research interests and plans for the coming two years (2 pages max).
- Copies of two research papers or a copy of the PhD dissertation.
- Three letters of recommendation.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 424124
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.