ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineeringMedical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/09/2019 12:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › BARCELONA
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
You will participate in a number of biomedical engineering projects focused on clinical applications and within the framework of bioelectrical phenomena. More specifically, you will do research on tissue electroporation.
You will conceive, design and implement devices and systems that will be used in vitro, in vivo and clinically in close collaboration with life sciences researchers. You will also perform numerical simulations related to the phenomena under study.
You will participate in international meetings and you will report your results in scientific journals.
• You can enroll a PhD program in Spain (you have a MSc degree).
• You have a BSc or MSc in engineering or physics and you have a solid background in electronics.
• Ideally, you also have a MSc in Biomedical Engineering or some sort of background in biology and medicine.
• You are highly motivated in scientific research and in challenging engineering developments. You are willing to develop skills as needed to complete challenging projects.
• You are able to communicate well and work closely with other team members. You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, and independent decision-making abilities. Both independent and team-oriented work will be required.
• Key competences: analog electronics, instrumentation systems, power inverters, microcontroller and FPGA programming, PCB design, LabVIEW, MATLAB, numerical methods (COMSOL Multiphysics), 3D CAD.
This PhD scholarship (“Teaching PRC”) will be supported by the DTIC. Its benefits and conditions are available at: https://www.upf.edu/web/etic/predoctoral-research-contracts. Gross monthly salary: 1400€.
EURAXESS offer ID: 423276
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.