ORGANISATION/COMPANYBundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM)
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Analytical chemistryChemistry › Organic chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE19/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONGermany › Berlin
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER721297
The Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM) is a materials research organization in Germany. Our mission is to ensure safety in technology and chemistry. We perform research and testing in materials science, materials engineering and chemistry to improve the safety of products and processes.
At BAM we do research that matters. Our work covers a broad array of topics in the focus areas of energy, infrastructure, environment, materials, and analytical sciences. We offer an excellent work environment, located in Berlin, with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and special laboratories.
We are looking for talented people to join us.
Your responsibilities include:
- Development of fluorescent probe monomers for glycan-binding polymers
- Design, synthesis and characterization of the fluorescent probe monomers
- Investigation of the binding behaviour and supramolecular chemistry of the monomers
- Integration of the monomers into nano- and microparticle-based molecularly imprinted polymers (MIPs) for the recognition of cancer cells by fluorescence imaging in tumour diagnostics
- Testing of the MIPs in established assays on various model as well as real samples
- Publication, presentation and documentation of the results in reports, scientific publications and at national and international conferences
- Interdisciplinary research at the interface between politics, economics and society
- Work in national and international networks with universities, research institutes and industrial companies
- Outstanding facilities and infrastructure
- Equal opportunities
According to the guidelines of the H2020-MSCA-ITN Program (http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/guides_for_applicants/h2020-guide-appl16-msca-itn_en.pdf) we can only consider applications of students who are in the first four years of their research career, since, for example, completion of their Master’s degree and who have resided or carried out their main activities for less than 12 months in Germany within the last three years.
The Ph.D. position is located within the European Training Network (ETN) “GlycoImaging” funded by the EU within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks (MSCA-ITN) programme, on which you can find further information at http://glycoimaging.mau.se/. A comprehensive overview of the topics of the Division can be found at https://www.bam.de/Navigation/EN/About-us/Organisation/Organisation-Chart/President/Department-1/Division-19/division19.html.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- University degree (Master/Diploma) in chemistry, preferably in the field of organic chemistry
- Comprehensive knowledge and significant experience in organic synthesis
- Knowledge in polymer chemistry and optical spectroscopy
- Interest in nano- and microparticles as a versatile vehicle in modern analytical chemistry
- Good ability in scientific writing and in presenting in front of an audience
High degree of motivation and commitment, capacity for co-operation and team spirit as well as mobility and creativity for working on a multi-partner project in an interdisciplinary scientific environment.
EURAXESS offer ID: 421982
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.