ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversité Côte d'Azur
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › BiochemistryComputer scienceMedical sciencesPhysics › Biophysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE12/08/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONFrance › Nice
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE15/11/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER847581
Targeting of Onocogenic microRNA with small molecules via Diversity Oriented Sunthesis (toward new chemotherapies)
One of the most amazing discoveries of the past decades in the domain of genetic oncology is that cancer is related to alterations of both protein coding genes and non-coding RNAs, such as microRNAs (miRNAs).
The purpose of this project is the development of novel small-molecule drugs targeting specific oncogenic miRNAs production via original catalytic and green methodologies according to Diversity Oriented Synthesis.
To do so, the PhD student will conduct three concomitant tasks :
- Task 1: Synthesis of small molecules via original methodologies according to Diversity Orientated ;
- Task 2: Evaluation of the biological activity of the synthesized compounds on oncogenic miRNAs involved in gastric cancers, glioblastoma and colon cancer ;
- Task 3: Molecular modelling studies.
The project will be developed thanks to the interdisciplinary combination of organic chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics and computational studies.
The project and the PhD candidate will benefit of the interdisciplinary activities of the two supervisors (Dr. M. Duca & Pr. V. Michelet) and of the expertise in computational studies of the international collaborator (Pr. R. Estrada Tejedor).
This is a highly challenging and very promising approach that would open the way for innovative targeted cancer therapy and will therefore guarantee employability in R&D companies or universities.
The programme will provide excellent working conditions to the ESRs:
- Attractive salary of 2709,00 € (gross salary) per month, as well as, different allowances (between 815 and 1215 euros per month) ;
- The legal working time is 37 hours per week, with a daily working duration that does not exceed 10 hours ;
- Subsidized lunches and monthly pass for public transportation ;
- A total amount of yearly vacations of 45 days ;
- Paid sick leaves ;
- Parental leaves following the birth/adoption of a child ;
- Sick and parental leaves add up to the 42-month duration of the contract ;
- In addition to their income, the doctoral candidates who have family obligations will receive an extra family allowance of €400 per month. Furthermore, they will benefit for each child of a monthly financial help from the French social security (calculations based on the household income and on the number of children under the age of 20).
BoostUrCAreer will abide by the mobility rule defined for MSCA, the reference date being the call deadline, meaning applicants will only be eligible if they have lived or had their main activity (work, studies etc.) in France for less than 12 months within the past three years at the time of recruitment (November 15th).
Applicants must have a master’s degree or an international equivalent.
The selection process is detailed in the Applicant Guide available on the BoostUrCAreer application website.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 419627
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.