ORGANISATION/COMPANYNTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › InformaticsInformation science › Information management
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE26/08/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNorway › Trondheim
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
The emergence of novel technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and big data analytics has resulted in a great interest from private and public organizations regarding the value that can be derived from effectively leveraging them. Nevertheless, despite the large promise of such innovations, adopting and strategically utilizing these technologies constitutes a major challenge for many organizations. Furthermore, there is limited understanding regarding how the use of technologies such as AI and big data analytics can drive business strategies and generate sustained value. While most research to date has looked into technical aspects related to AI and big data analytics and other analytics technologies, there is a growing need to understand how business strategies can be developed to harness the strengths of these novel technologies.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
A master’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or equivalent with very good results is required, or an education at the equivalent level (equivalent to 120 credits). The applicant must satisfy the requirements for admission to the PhD education at NTNU (c.f. https://www.ntnu.edu/phd and https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/phtele). In particular, admission to the PhD education at NTNU requires an average grade of at least B, within a scale of A-E for passing grades (A best) in terms of NTNU’s grading scale, for the last two years of the master’s degree. Candidates completing the MSc-degree in spring 2019 are encouraged to apply
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and national guidelines for appointment as PhD, postdoctor and research assistant
NTNU is committed to following evaluation criteria for research quality according to The San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment - DORA.
- The applicant should have a strong background in management information systems
- The applicants master thesis must be research-oriented
- Publication activities in relevant disciplines will be considered an advantage
- A strong background in research methods and particularly knowledge on quantitative techniques and statistical analysis is required
- Experience with management theories will be considered a plus
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills
- Non-Norwegian-speaking applicants must provide evidence of good English language skills. The following tests can be used as such documentation: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE). Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5 (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CAE/CPE: grade B.
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 419040
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.