ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Pompeu Fabra - ETIC
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Biomedical engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)Established Researcher (R3)
APPLICATION DEADLINE11/09/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER123456
IS THE JOB RELATED TO STAFF POSITION WITHIN A RESEARCH INFRASTRUCTURE?Yes
These fellowships fund POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHERS who look forward to enhancing their career development at the international level.
We invite you to join the BCN MedTech group! We are a research unit created within the Department of Information and Communication Technologies of the University Pompeu Fabra (UPF) to provide an interdisciplinary and translational platform for research in biomedical engineering. BCN MedTech activities strongly focus on linking technological and theoretical science with physiological and clinical knowledge in internationally oriented research.
BCN-MedTech is located in the UPF’s Communication Campus, in the 22@ district of Barcelona. The 22@district, also known as the innovation district, is the largest urban, economic and social transformation project promoted by Barcelona in recent years. It currently stands for a unique pole of attraction and integration for business, scientific, technological and cultural activity.
The different research areas of BCN MedTech are led by a strong core of researchers in active collaboration with industrial and clinical partners, and they include:
- Biomedical signal processing: signal analysis to characterize biomedical processes, for example applications of nonlinear methods to EEG recordings from epilepsy patients.
- Medical image analysis: image segmentation and registration, statistical shape analysis, pattern recognition and image-based personalized computational models.
- Physiological modelling: data processing and computational models of anatomy, physiology, pathology and therapy, with emphasis on the clinical translation of the developed techniques and medical device optimization.
- Computational cardiology: multidisciplinary systems medicine research addressing cardiovascular pathophysiology, such as heart failure, arrhythmias, congenital heart disease, stroke and thrombus formation, medical device optimization and therapy planning.
- Biomechanics & mechanobiology:tissue multiphysics and computational biology models, multiscale models & simulations, virtual explorations of multifactorial tissue & organ function in health and disease.
- Biomedical electronics: bioelectrical phenomena, electroporation, electrical bioimpedance for diagnostic purposes, wireless microstimulators for neuroprosthetics.
- Computed-assisted surgery: surgical planning system, surgical navigation, medical imaging, segmentation and classification, 3D reconstruction, simulation.
- Biomedical data handling: web-based platforms, data repository, algorithms execution and biomedical data statistical analysis, confidentiality issues of patient’s data, open source tools for research, client-tailored versions for commercial purposes.
- Machine learning: advanced machine learning techniques for the analysis, integration and exploitation of multi-source biomedical data in the context of personalized medicine for computer-aided diagnosis, risk and prognosis estimation and treatment planning.
- Talented researchers from anywhere in the world: all nationalities can apply.
- Mobility is a must: you have to move to Europe or within Europe.
- Experienced researchers only: you shall have your doctoral degree or at least four years of full-time research experience by the time of the call deadline.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
EURAXESS offer ID: 418988
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.