ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Bergen
RESEARCH FIELDGeosciences › Geology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE08/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONNorway › Bergen
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38
is a vacancy for a PhD position in marine geophysics, fluid flow dynamics of
hydrothermal systems at the Department of Earth Science. The position is for a
fixed-term period of 3 years with the possibility of a 4th year With compulsory other work (e.g. teaching duties at
the Department),and is linked to the K.G. Jebsen Centre for Deep Sea Research.
- a good and professionally challenging working environment
- salary at pay grade 54 (Code 1017/Pay range 20, alternative 10) in the state salary scale. This constitutes a gross annual salary of NOK 479 600,-. Further promotions are made according to length of service in the position.
- enrolment in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- a position in an inclusive workplace (IA enterprise)
- good welfare benefits
- a brief account of the applicant's research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- the names and contact information for two referees. One of these should be the main advisor for the master's thesis or equivalent thesis
- transcripts and diplomas showing completion of the bachelor's and master's degrees, or official confirmation that the master's thesis has been submitted
- relevant certificates/references
- approved documentation of proficiency in English (if required, cf. English language requirements for PhD admission)
- a list of any works of a scientific nature (publication list)
- any publications in your name
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELGeosciences: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Applicants must hold a master's degree or the equivalent in (marine) geophysics/geology, or must have submitted his/her master's thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the master's degree has been awarded.
- Experience in signal processing (statistic, stochastic and spectral methods), hydrothermal processes (heat, mass and chemical transfers), as well as in fluid dynamics (Particle Image Velocimetry, buoyant plume theory, porous media flow) is an advantage.
- Experience in data mining and management would be an advantage.
- Applicants must be able to work independently and in a structured manner, and demonstrate good collaborative skills.
- Applicants must be proficient in both written and oral English.
Personal and relational qualities will be emphasized. Ambitions and potential will also count when evaluating the candidates.
As a PhD candidate, you must participate in an approved educational programme for a PhD degree within a period of 3 years. A final plan for the implementation of the research training must be approved by the faculty within three months after you have commenced in the position. It is a condition that you satisfy the enrolment requirements for the PhD programme at the University of Bergen.
EURAXESS offer ID: 418002
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.