RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciences › OtherChemistry › BiochemistryPharmacological sciences
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE22/06/2019 12:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONPoland › Kraków
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
REFERENCE NUMBERresearch assistant 2019-172
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813920
The tasks of an employed person will include:
- planning, and performing experiments aiming at functional, biochemical, molecular and cytometric analysis of primary endothelial cells and endothelial lines
- phenotyping of the of endothelial cells with the use of microfluidic devices and novel approach for biochemical assessment (supramolecular logic gates)
- primary mouse endothelium cells culture under the static and flow conditions. Endothelial cells flow culture in the microfluidic devices
- conducting experiments in isolated vessels preparations
- conducting research with the confocal imaging cytometry and flow cytometry
- analysis of the obtained results and preparation of cyclical reports
- preparation of scientific publications
- active cooperation with the JCET team
- care for entrusted laboratory and scientific equipment
- timely and correct performance of entrusted tasks
- compliance with the personal and scientific data protection
- compliance with the work discipline, bhp and fire safety rules
- work at the interdisciplinary JCET laboratories, in the frame of the truly interdisciplinary and international project consortium
- access to the modern research equipment (see: www.jcet.eu),
- friendly, inspirational, interdisciplinary work environment.
- carrier development towards PhD degree
- competitive salary compatible with the rule of the ITN project
ESRs must not have resided in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country) and be (at the date of recruitment) an ‘early stage researcher’ (i.e. in the first four years of his/her research career and not have a doctoral degree).
- letter of application with the announcement number,
- curriculum vitae,
- publications list,
- personal questionnaire,
- copy of the diploma,
- declaration that Jagiellonian University will be the main employer, in case of successful recruitment process,
- declaration, according to the article 113 of the Higher Education Law;
- declaration of familiarity and acceptance of the rules on the intellectual propriety.
The forms are downloadable from the website:
Each candidate is requested to apply his/her CV, job application letter (with number of the offer 2019-164 in its title) and publications list in paper version to the post address: Jagiellonian Centre for Experimental Therapeutics, ul. Bobrzyńskiego 14, 30-348 Kraków, Poland or by email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, include in your documents this statement:
“I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 10 May 2018.”
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- M.Sci (or equivalent, enabling PhD studies) in the field of medical, pharmaceutical, biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology or related sciences,
- high evaluation of the M.Sci thesis (or Bachelor thesis if that enabling PhD studies) or a distinguished master's/bachelor thesis,
- positive opinion of a scientific supervisor about predispositions for scientific research,
- preferred knowledge and at least 2 years of documented experience in conducting in vitro experiments on the cellular systems,
- preferred knowledge of the vascular endothelium physiology, pharmacology, biochemistry,
- preferred knowledge of the techniques used for the endothelial cell phenotype analysis (functional, biochemical, molecular, cytometric),
- preferred completed training entitling he planning and performing procedures on animals,
- documented participation in research,
- preferred authorship or co-authorship in scientific publications
- fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing.
- experience in the isolation of primary endothelial cells and in the analysis of their phenotype by various methods,
- preferred experience in interdisciplinary scientific research.
EURAXESS offer ID: 417945
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.