ORGANISATION/COMPANYIci Caldaie Spa
RESEARCH FIELDChemistry › Applied chemistry
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE17/10/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONItaly › Zevio fraz. Campagnola
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/11/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813748
Early Stage Researcher (ESR14) position - Development of Optimized Steam Reforming Reactor By Advanced Modelling Methods (MSCA-ITN BIKE Project)
An EU-funded Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) position is available in the area of the development of optimized steam reforming reactor by advanced modeling methods ICI_LAB department of the ICI Caldaie Spa (ICI), Campagnola, Italy.
The successful applicant will carry out European Union-funded research within the “BIKE: BImetallic catalysts Knowledge-based development for Energy applications” Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network (lTN) project (Grant agreement no. 813748), which offers unique doctoral training and research opportunities. The BIKE project will develop the next generation of bimetallic catalyst for green and blue hydrogen production. The programme will combine a range of complementary, multidisciplinary research expertise comprising: computational predictive modelling; operando characterization of catalysts; tuneable, robust, and scalable preparative methods of bimetallic nanoparticles; catalyst testing and operation; and reactor/process design. The BIKE network comprises 10 member institutions and partner organisations, spanning both academia and industry, located in Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, and the United Kingdom. In total, 14 ESRs will be recruited across the BIKE network and each will conduct research on a specific, but closely related research area. The ESRs will work in areas spanning heterogeneous catalysis, green chemistry, hydrogen economy, and materials and chemical sciences within a framework of highly specialized research groups from leading European academic and industrial laboratories. The network will provide outstanding inter-disciplinary training opportunities through hands-on research projects, international lab exchanges, industrial secondments, and specialist workshops and conferences. ESRs are generously funded with many opportunities for travel and networking.
This full-time, fixed-term ESR position will based at ICI Caldaie Spa (ICI), Zevio, Italy under the supervision of Dr Carlo Tregambe and will involve research and study in the areas of the development of new modelling tools (including 2D and 3D phenomenological models); development of new reactors for methane steam reforming; evaluation of catalysts in a pilot reformer. Additionally, the ESR will be registered for the study of a doctorate (PhD) at Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven (The Netherlands) under the co-supervision of Prof. Fausto Gallucci. The ESR will collaborate in research, attend joint training events, and contribute to workshops and conferences across the BIKE network. The post-holder will be expected to register to study for a PhD (4 years) as an integral part of this ESR position. The ESR will be provided with a generous stipend to cover their living costs and travel for the duration of the 3 years; tuition fees will be paid for this period. They will also receive funds to support their participation in the BIKE-ITN European-wide research and training events. The network ESR/PhD students will receive training primarily through their host institute with additional training provided by visits to other host institutes and industrial partners in the network.
Salary range: € 48.166,56 to € 51.166,56
The funding for this Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher position provides for a remuneration starting from € 48.166,56. Actual salary will depend on employer deductions, personal circumstances and the exchange rate applicable to the fellowship (if not paid in Euros). This amount includes an annual living allowance and a mobility allowance (to cover the expenses associated with working in a different country).
Allowance eligibility depends on the personal circumstances of the ESR:
Living Allowance: total amount € 40.966,56 per year. This figure is inclusive of the country coefficient of 104,4%.
Mobility Allowance: total amount € 7.200,00 per year.
Family allowance: total amount € 3.000,00 per year (eligibility depends on supporting evidence that at the time the ESR position starts the ESR is married, in a partnership equivalent to marriage in the country it was formalised or have dependent children).
There are strict eligibility and residency requirements that must be met. Applicants must be either European citizens (from EU Member States or Associated Countries, but not residents of Italy), or from Other Third Countries (i.e. USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, India, China, etc.).
At the time of recruitment (i.e. first date of employment/signature of the contract) applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have less than 4 years research experience (measured from the time their Master’s or equivalent degree was awarded).
- Not have a doctorate/PhD.
- Be a national of any country other than the country of the premises of the host organization to which they are applying (unless they have legally resided outside that country for at least 3 out of the last 4 years).
- Not have resided in the country of the recruiting host for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country) – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention.
The application email must be accompanied by the following documents:
- A standard application letter of no more than 2 pages (written in English) signed by the applicant indicating their full name, date and place of birth, citizenship, postal address, and emaiI address. The letter should clearly indicate the applicant’s motivation for applying for this ESR position and describe their relevant experience. Additionally, the applicant must explicitly declare that they fulfil the eligibility criteria set out in article 3.4 of the H2020 Guide for Applicants Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions - Innovative Training Networks (ITN), see:
- Contact information (including email addresses) of TWO academic referees.
- A detailed CV (of no more than 3 pages) in English illustrating the candidate's educational background, a list of undergraduate exam results and degrees held (with grades/rankings); a list of publications, poster and oral presentations (if any); academic prizes or scholarships, etc.; and scientific experience and skills. The document must be signed by the applicant. A template CV, which can be found at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions/templates/doc must be used.
- Where relevant, a copy of Master’s thesis or equivalent (in pdf format) including a 1 page summary written in English.
- Scanned copies of academic transcripts and degree certificates for the higher education qualifications held.
- Official translation in English and equivalence certificate of the Master’s degree or equivalent will be required at the point of contract signature.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: ExcellentITALIAN: Basic
- Master’s degree (MSc) or equivalent such as MChem or MSci (but not BSc) in chemical engineer or a related field
- Experience in project management
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good computational skills including use of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) for text and data manipulation.
- Demonstrated ability and self-motivation in heterogeneous catalysis/materials synthesis and characterization, together with ability to think analytically and creatively
EURAXESS offer ID: 417090
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.