ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Autònoma de Barcelona
RESEARCH FIELDComputer science › Database managementComputer science › Modelling toolsEnvironmental science › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE01/09/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Cerdanyola del Valles - Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK19
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / ERC
REFERENCE NUMBERUE: H2020-ERC_CoG 81800
The objective of this position is to give IT support to the project Integrated Systems Analysis of Urban Vegetation (URBAG). The project aims to determine to what degree green infrastructures can be a source of sustainable food, reduce environmental impacts, and promote a more efficient use of resources in urban regions. It is a five-year project starting September 2019, funded by the Horizon 2020 European Research Council and hosted by ICTA-UAB.
The tasks in the work will involve:
- Data management of the ERC project.
- Technical support of computational jobs run by the researchers of the team, using weather research and chemical transport models: problem solving, programming, preparing scripts, compiling models, and such.
- Web page maintenance.
6 month-long initial contract, annually renewable up to 59 month-long, part-time contract (50%), Access to UAB campus services.
20.400 € per year.
Academic record (30%), Relevant research experience (50%), motivation letter (20%)
CV evaluation, interviews and reference letters
A motivation letter must be included and submitted with the CV, a sample of written work (8,000 words) and two letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If no candidate reaches the minimum qualification of 60%, the position will be left deserted.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELComputer science: Bachelor Degree or equivalentOther: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESOTHER: BasicSPANISH: BasicENGLISH: Good
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting languages (bash, python, etc)
- Experience with git
- Experience managing SQL databases
- Experience compiling software using different compilers (GNU compilers mainly) and MPI interfaces (OpenMPI, MPICH)
- Basic knowledge of data preservation
Experience in any of the following will be valued positively:
- Experience compiling and using Weather Research software such as WRF
- Basic knowledge of other programming languages such as Fortran
- Experience designing and managing cloud infrastructures (GCP or AWS) and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
-Experience in handling Earth sciences data types (netCDF, GRIB, HDF5…)
-Previous experience in HPC architecture and parallel programming (multi-threaded applications)
-Experience in Input/Output Application Program Interface (API) libraries
EURAXESS offer ID: 416863
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.