ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDBiological sciencesChemistryEnvironmental sciencePhysics
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
We propose interesting research topics, both experimental and theoretical, mostly in the fields of:
- nanotechnology and new materials;
- photochemistry, photophysics and molecular spectroscopy;
- physical chemistry of solids, soft matter, and surface phenomena;
- molecular and supramolecular physical chemistry;
- chemical kinetics and catalysis;
- quantum chemistry, mathematical modelling of chemical phenomena, molecular dynamics;
- electrochemistry, including mechanisms of electrode processes, design of electrochemical bio- and chemosensors, and electrochemistry of materials;
- environmental chemistry;
- high quality research opportunities;
- state-of-the-art research equipment and computational facilities;
- scientific collaboration with renowned research centres of Europe, USA, and Japan;
- possibility to acquire the teaching experience;
- frequent contacts with the research advisor;
- friendly and encouraging atmosphere.
The duration of doctoral studies is four years. The programme and the remuneration confirm to the requirements of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Doctoral students are included in the Polish public healthcare system, together with their spouses and children. They also profit from an additional healthcare package. IPC PAS supports the foreign students in their applications for the work permits. Polish language classes are available, free of charge. The Institute may also offer the accommodation at reasonable prices, at its own lodging facilities.
Candidates for the Warsaw-4-PhD school are invited to submit applications using electronic form: http://warsaw4phd.eu/register.php by the 21st of June, 2019. Applicants are invited to select not more than 3 PhD projects from the offer of School, indicating their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. The projects proposed by IPC PAS are listed below. Best candidates who meet the expectations will be invited for an interview (also via Skype) July, 2019. One candidate for each PhD project will be selected.
Web site for additional job details
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELBiological sciences: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalentEnvironmental science: Master Degree or equivalentPhysics: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 416328
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.