ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Warsaw
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE10/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONPoland › Warsaw
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE15/08/2019
- Description of the position
Title of the project: SILVERLAND. Unique silver route to superconducting cuprate analogs.
Project description: Project is highly interdisciplinary and is conducted in broad international cooperation. Four world-class experts from Slovenia, Italy, USA and Singapore are official partners of Polish scientists. Moreover, many more researchers from China, Great Britain, Switzerland, Georgia, Slovak Rep., Italy, USA and Poland are participating in the project. So called silver difluoride (AgF2) is the main precursor material; it will undergo numerous modifications using advanced crystal engineering, as well as will constitute the basis for a number of unprecedented chemical stoichiometries. We will investigate the structure of materials (i.e. the way atoms are arranged in the solids), the nature of chemical bonds, as well as superconducting behaviour. Substantial support in the project is offered by the state-of-the-art theoretical calculations using supercomputers at ICM, The University of Warsaw; the calculations and modeling will give us better understanding of the manufactured samples.
Our ambitious goal is to generate new better superconductors, which could be used without necessity of cooling them at all – this alone constitutes a nontrivial scientific goal and every step counts which we can make towards that dream. We would also like to preserve the lead position of the Warsaw team in the research on fluoroargentates, which we gained during nearly 2 decades of hard work on many chemical systems. Several young scientists will be trained to take the lead in the future. In a more distant perspective, one may think of important consequences for the country and the society. According to the US Geological Survey, Poland has the largest documented silver ore deposits in the world. Perhaps, based on the basic research contained in this project, new interesting applications could be found for this valuable semi-precious metal, while benefiting our society and civilization.
proficiency in spectroscopic methods, particularly optical spectroscopy (Raman, IR, UV-vis, scattering, transmission & reflective methods); knowledge of Ag(2+) chemistry and physics is welcome
Work in a research project financed by the National Science Center
- How to apply?
PhD Diploma or its transcript / translation; CV including list of papers published; motivation letter; list of 2 persons with tel. & e-mail, who may be asked for reference letter
submission of documents by e-mail to email@example.com by 10 July; being ready for interview with commission in the second half of July; being ready to begin work starting Aug 15
To allow us to process your data, please include the following statement in your application:
“I hereby consent to have my personal data processed by the University of Warsaw with its registered office at ul. KrakowskiePrzedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw. I have been informed of my rights and duties. I understand that provision of my personal data is voluntary.”
Keywords: spectroscopy, solid state, silver (2+)
Maximum period of contract/stipend: 24
"In accordance with Article 13 of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data – general regulation on data protection (Official Journal of the EU L 119/1 of 4 May 2016) the University of Warsaw informs that:
1. The Controller of your personal data is the University of Warsaw with its registered office at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28, 00-927 Warszawa;
2. The Controller has designated the Data Protection Officer who supervises the processing of personal data, and who can be contacted via the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of carrying out a recruitment process and selecting an employee and concluding a contract for employment at the University of Warsaw;
4. The provided data will be processed pursuant to Article 221 § 1 of the Act of 26 June 1974 Labour Code (uniformed text: Dz.U. of 2018, item 917) and your consent for processing of personal data;
5. Provision of data in the scope stipulated in the Labour Code is mandatory, and the remaining data are processed according to your consent for processing of personal data;
6. The data will not be shared with any external entities;
7. The data will be stored until you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data;
8. You have the right to access your personal data, to rectify, erase them, restrict their processing, object to processing, and to withdraw the consent at any time;
9. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.”
EURAXESS offer ID: 416129
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.