ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)- BarcelonaTECH
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Chemical engineeringEngineering › Materials engineering
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE05/07/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSpain › Barcelona
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER813748
This full-time, fixed-term ESR position will be based at UPC (Barcelona) under the supervision of Prof. Jordi Llorca and co-supervision of Dr. Nuria J. Divins and will involve research and study in the areas of the preparation of bimetallic catalysts; characterization of catalyst samples by electron microscopy and spectroscopic techniques; evaluation of catalytic performance of bimetallic catalysts in lab-scale reactors. The ESR will collaborate in research, attend joint training events, and contribute to workshops and conferences across the BIKE network. The post-holder will be expected to register to study for a PhD (3 years) as an integral part of this ESR position. The ESR will be provided with a generous stipend to cover their living costs and travel for the duration of the 3 years; tuition fees will be paid for this period. They will also receive funds to support their participation in the BIKE-ITN European-wide research and training events. The network ESR/PhD students will receive training primarily through their host institute with additional training provided by visits to other host institutes and industrial partners in the network.
Required Research Experiences
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: Master Degree or equivalentChemistry: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
Master’s degree (MSc) or equivalent such as MChem or MSci (but not BSc) in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related field.
- Experience in Catalysis.
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good computational skills including use of Microsoft Office (or equivalent) for text and data manipulation.
- Demonstrated ability in Catalysis and self-motivation, together with ability to think analytically and creative
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Previous experience in contributing to a collaborative interdisciplinary research environment
At the time of recruitment (i.e. first date of employment/signature of the contract) applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Have less than 4 years research experience (measured from the time their Master’s or equivalent degree was awarded).
- Not have a doctorate/PhD.
- Not have resided in the country of the recruiting host for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date (and not have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in that country) – unless as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention (mobility rule according to http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/other/guides_for_applicants/h2020-guide-appl-msca-itn_en.pdf).
Open, Transparent, Merit based Recruitment procedures of Researchers (OTM-R)
Know more about it at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC)- BarcelonaTECH
Know more about OTM-R
EURAXESS offer ID: 414108
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.