ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Vienna
RESEARCH FIELDAgricultural sciencesAnthropologyArtsAstronomyBiological sciencesChemistryCommunication sciencesComputer scienceCultural studiesDemographyEconomicsEducational sciencesEnvironmental scienceGeographyGeosciencesHistoryJuridical sciencesLanguage sciencesLiteratureMathematicsPharmacological sciencesPhilosophyPhysicsPolitical sciencesPsychological sciencesReligious sciencesSociology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE14/04/2020 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONAustria › Vienna
TYPE OF CONTRACTOther
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/12/2020
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020 / Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions COFUND
MARIE CURIE GRANT AGREEMENT NUMBER847693
The overall goal of the REinforcing Women In REsearch (REWIRE) COFUND Programme is to support the careers of excellent postdoctoral female researchers at the University of Vienna. The programme has been designed to support ambitious early-stage postdoctoral researchers who will be serious candidates for prestigious investigator grants such as the ERC Starting Grant or the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) START Prize after the REWIRE fellowship. Applicants are asked to familiarise themselves with the eligibility criteria for these programmes before applying for REWIRE.
What we offer:
- A 36-month fellowship in any discipline offered at the University of Vienna
- A highly competitive programme supporting you in your academic career progression and becoming a mentor for future female researchers
- Working at the largest research and education institution in Austria
- The chance to live in Vienna - the city with the highest quality of life in the world for 10 years in a row!
In addition to your individual research project and customised career development plan, you will be encouraged to:
- Be part of and build upon an enhanced research network
- Participate in non-research oriented training programmes
- Develop transferable skills
- Gain international exposure through publications in high-profile journals
- Participate in international conferences
The second call for applications opens 14th February 2020. Application forms and Guide for Applicants will be published on our website. Deadline for applications: 14th April 2020, 17:00 (Austria time).
Applicants may find more information on our website: https://rewire.univie.ac.at/
Fellows will be employed at the University of Vienna for the duration of the fellowship and be paid a postdoctoral researcher salary in line with Austria’s Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Staff (salary group B1, postdoc position). The current 2020 salary is 3,889.50 EUR (gross), payable 14 times a year.
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Excellent
- Be female
- Have been awarded their PhD or will have successfully defended their PhD before the start of the fellowship
- Comply with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Mobility Rule (REWIRE will abide by the mobility rule defined for MSCA, the reference date being the call deadline, meaning applicants will only be eligible if they have lived or had their main activity (work, studies etc.) in Austria for less than 12 months within the past three years at the time of the relevant deadline)
- Submit a complete application (in English) before the specific call deadline
Applicants will need to submit a support letter from a hosting mentor as part of their application. A list of participating departments is available on our website. Applicants may also reach out to potential mentors who fit their research profiles and are employed at the University of Vienna who are not already on the list.
EURAXESS offer ID: 414027
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.