ORGANISATION/COMPANYTallinn University of Technology
RESEARCH FIELDEconomics › Business economicsEconomics › Marketing
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/06/2019 19:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tallinn
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE02/09/2019
Tallinn University of Technology, School of Business and Governance, Department of Business Administration offers a 4-year PhD position in marketing.
Proposed doctoral thesis topic: Customer engagement in service/product innovation: the stakeholders’ interplay
Supervisors: Adjunct Professor Linda Desiree Hollebeek and Associate Professor Iivi Riivits-Arkonsuo
Completely transformed marketing environment has created the need for engagement marketing that drives and increases long-term customer engagement. The research on customer engagement is thriving in a brand community setting with other stakeholders in the broader network. Digital platforms enable to develop and enhance customers’ brand engagement (including experiential engagement that contributes to experience marketing) and value co-creation.
Furthermore, research on customer engagement in service/product innovation is integrative and growing area. The development of enhanced understanding in this field has a pivotal role in securing current and future service/product innovation progress.
The aim of the research project is to contribute to the existing body of marketing literature, both theoretical and practical terms by investigating product/service innovation’s role in driving customer engagement and value. Theoretical nature of these concepts renders a need for further empirical investigation.
Applications are invited from candidates with an interest in, but not limited to, consumer online (and offline) engagement, online (and offline) word-in-mouth, the forming of consumer experience, experiential and experience marketing, digital content marketing, product/service innovation.
The selected candidate is expected to conduct teaching related activities under supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEconomics: Master Degree or equivalentOther: Master Degree or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
The applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Candidates are required to hold a Master’s degree, or its equivalent, from a university in the relevant business area or in other related social science subjects
- Applicants should be fluent in English in speaking and writing, engaged and ready to work independently, and be interested in contributing to research group in the field of marketing
- Applicants should have very good knowledge of research methods, including quantitative (survey, basic and advanced statistics, social networks analysis) and qualitative methods (interviewing, textual analysis, visual analysis methods). Knowledge of digital or computational research methods are advantageous
- Candidate should be able to communicate with local businesses, government departments, and academic community; and interested in developing the research group’s international academic networks
The following application documents are required:
- Motivation letter
- Resume, ideally with a link to the candidate’s google scholar profile
- Copy of the required diploma (MA) or other document providing evidence of the necessary qualification
EURAXESS offer ID: 412933
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.