ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière
RESEARCH FIELDNeurosciences › Neurology
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)Recognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE15/09/2019 12:00 - Europe/London
LOCATIONFrance › Paris
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
EU RESEARCH FRAMEWORK PROGRAMMEH2020
The Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière – ICM (Brain & Spine Institute) – is an international brain and spinal cord research center whose innovative concept and structure make it the only institute of its kind in the world. The ICM brings patients, doctors and researchers together with the aim of rapidly develop treatments for disorders of the nervous system and enable patients to benefit from them as quickly as possible.
The best scientists from all backgrounds and countries come together at the Institute to perform leading-edge research in this area. To help researchers advance in their work and give patients tangible reasons for hope, we must all play a role: government agencies, corporate actors and individuals. No one can afford to idly stand by, because this fight is vital to every one of us.
We are looking for the Scientific and Medical Affairs Office a European (ITN) Project Manager. The Scientific and Medical Affairs Office's mission is to support researchers in the development of internal scientific collaborations, in the development of collaborative projects and national, European and international partnerships. One of our objectives is to advise and assist the Institute's researchers in the application for and follow-up of their funding applications at national, European and international level.
At the Scientific and Medical Affairs Office of the Institute, the candidate will be in charge of implementation and follow-up of the project ITN ZENITH, recently funded by the European Commission and will assist the Scientific Coordinator in all project tasks.
This position involves versatility, autonomy, a great rigor in the processing of files and respect for the confidentiality.
Main missions and activities:
- Support to the project coordinator;
- Representation of the ICM in the exchanges with the partners of the project
- Interaction with the Scientific and Medical Affairs Office team, Finance Department, Human Resources Department, legal office and especially with the scientific team in charge of the project
- Interface between the consortium and the European Commission, respect of the contractual obligations between the consortium and the Commission
- Implementation of a project management tool and project monitoring procedure;
- In interaction with the financial department: follow up the distribution of funding to the partners
- Establishment of internal communication between the partners (logistics, organization of meetings, conference calls, minutes)
- Implementation of external communication tools (project website and support in communication activities of the project)
- Participation in the development and updating of the "Data management plan"
- Launch of the recruitment campaign of 15 PhD students(job descriptions, communication,
selection committees, …)
- Logistic support in the implementation of 2 symposia, 3 workshops, 1 international summer school, training in the project (scientific training and workshops on soft skills), in collaboration with partners on site.
- Activity reports (scientific, financial reports, communication reports and exploitation of results) from partners in order to consolidate these documents into deliverables for the Commission;
- Reflection on the sustainability of the network (for example, preparation and submission of a new ITN project to ensure the recruitment of a second wave of PhD students).
- European Affairs Master level (or Science Master level with an experience in management of a European project)
- Double skills in science
- First experience (at least 3 years) in application for or management of a European project in a consulting company or an academic institution or equivalent experience
- Experience in creation or management of an MSCA ITN would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the administrative and financial rules of European H2020 projects, focus on MSCA projects would be a plus
- Synthesis and reporting ability
- Ability to create and keep alive a network
- Ability to work in a team and capacity to work autonomously
- Rigor, efficiency, sense of priority
- Initiative spirit
- Fluent English Writing and Speaking
EURAXESS offer ID: 411904
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.