ORGANISATION/COMPANYUniversity of Luxembourg
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/06/2019 23:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONLuxembourg › Luxembourg
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/10/2019
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education:
Doctoral Candidate (PhD student) in Economic Geography (m/f)
- Ref: F3-060005
- Fixed-term contract: the position is limited to 3 years, with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Full time: 40h/week
- Foreseen starting date: 1st October 2019
- Student and employee status
The Doctoral Candidate will be a member of the Research Unit IPSE (Identités. Politiques, Sociétés, Espaces) and its Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (www.geo.ipse.uni.lu).
His/her tasks include:
- Prepare a doctoral thesis in economic geography
- Assist the professor in his teaching activities, one to three hours per week
- Contribute to tutoring Master students
- Master in Economic Geography
- Experience in qualitative research methods and in the use of related software tools
- Research experience in economic geography
- Particular interest in sustainability-related innovations and transitions (e.g. alternative economies, degrowth)
- Excellent command of at least two of the following languages: English, French, and German
- Working in an inspiring international environment
- Innovative research endeavours
- An interdisciplinary doctoral school providing conceptual, methodological and transferable skills
Please upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas) by
21 June 2019.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
EURAXESS offer ID: 411306
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.