ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electrical engineeringEngineering › Electronic engineeringEngineering › Materials engineeringMathematics › Applied mathematics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE23/06/2019 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37,5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
This post-doc position aims to incorporate a researcher in the Department of Superconductors in order to get involved in our international research, such as that in EU Horizon 2020 projects on superconducting electrical aircraft propulsion or fault-current limiters, among others. Experience in high-temperature superconductors, MgB2 or iron-based superconductors will be taken into account. The researcher will be able to attend to international conferences (typically one or more per year) and to collaborate with top international academic and industrial stakeholders in the field. The research tasks of the post-doc can vary depending on their background, involving electro-magnetic or electro-thermal modeling of superconductors and their power applications (motors, fault-current limiters, or magnets); characterization of superconducting tapes, wires or coils; or material processing (preferably MgB2). For more information, you are invited to contact Dr Enric Pardo (email@example.com).
- Creative work for people interested in academic research
- Participation in international projects
- 25 days of holidays
- Lunch vouchers
- Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
- Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
- CV including list of publications and other achievements
- Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of PhD defence
- The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview in June 2019.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1150 Eur per month, with substantial complements according to experience and performance
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
The earliest start is September 1st, 2019 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
- Experience in modeling, characterization or preparation of superconductors
- Experience with presentation at international conferences
- Publication of results in Scientific Journals
- The ability to cooperate in teams
- Independence, communicativeness
- Completed university education in the field of electrical or electronic engineering, physics, materials science or applied mathematics
- PhD degree or its equivalent
- Experience with R&D projects
- Advanced level of written and spoken English
EURAXESS offer ID: 411104
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.