ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Electronic engineeringPhysics › Condensed matter properties
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/06/2019 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
We are searching postdoctoral researcher in the field of semiconductor radiation detector development and testing.
Recently, the digital X-ray imaging is becoming very popular in the area of medicine, industry as well as of cultural heritage. In the last decade, an intensive development of next generation of digital imaging devices occurs. These devices work basically the way they count each single photon detected by the sensor. The work will be concentrated on the research of new types of radiation hard sensors for hybrid pixelated detector and its optimization. The used semiconductor materials will be GaAs and SiC, which are very perspective in this field of operation.
The work will include following:
- technology preparation of single and pixelated semiconductor radiation detectors;
- testing of electrical parameter of fabricated detector structures with specialized equipments;
- testing of spectrometric and detection parameters of detector structures in X-ray laboratory;
- development of new imaging techniques, processing of acquired data;
· Creative work for people interested in academic research
· Participation in international projects
· 25 days of holidays
· Lunch vouchers
· Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
· Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
· CV including list of publications and other achievements
· Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of PhD defence
· The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview in June 2019.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1150 Eur per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
The earliest start is September 1st, 2019 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELPhysics: PhD or equivalentEngineering: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
· Experience in electrical characterization of semiconductor structure and X-ray instrumentation is favorable.
· Knowledge of Matlab, Origin, Python, C++ is desirable.
· Experience with presentation at international conferences
· Publication of results in Scientific Journals
· The ability to cooperate in teams
· Independence, communicativeness
· Completed university education in the field of electrical engineering, condensed matter physics, material science
· PhD degree or its equivalent
· Experience with R&D projects
· Advanced level of written and spoken English
EURAXESS offer ID: 410241
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.