ORGANISATION/COMPANYInstitute of Electrical Engineering, Slovak Academy of Sciences
RESEARCH FIELDEngineering › Materials engineeringPhysics › Electronics
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE21/06/2019 21:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONSlovakia › Bratislava
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK37.5
OFFER STARTING DATE01/09/2019
Successful candidate will grow and analyze GaN-based layers and heterostructures on Aixtron CCS flip top MOCVD system. Novel In-containing transistor heterostructures will be developed, as well as vertical structures and p-doped structures. Material characterization will be supported by SEM, TEM, AES, XRD, XPS, AFM, PL, Hall, etc. Knowledge of those techniques, as well as communication with processing and characterization research staff is desired.
· Creative work for people interested in academic research
· Participation in international projects
· 25 days of holidays
· Lunch vouchers
· Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
· Cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position as well as current research interest
· CV including list of publications and other achievements
· Copies of diplomas or information about the expected date of PhD defence
· The contact details of two referees who can provide reference letters
In the first round, the paper documents will be assessed, in the second round, short-listed candidates will be invited for a personal interview in June 2019.
Duration of contract: up to 2 years with the opportunity of prolongation
Salary: The salary is from 1150 Eur per month.
Working conditions and wage classification is governed by the Work rules and Inner wage regulations of the Institute of Electrical Engineering SAS.
The earliest start is September 1st, 2019 with the possibility to individually agree on a later starting date.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVELEngineering: PhD or equivalentPhysics: PhD or equivalent
REQUIRED LANGUAGESENGLISH: Good
· Experience in GaN technology.
· Experience with presentation at international conferences
· Publication of results in Scientific Journals
· The ability to cooperate in teams
· Independence, communicativeness
· Completed university education in the field of electrical engineering, condensed matter physics, material science
· PhD degree or its equivalent
· Experience with R&D projects
· Advanced level of written and spoken English
· Advanced hands-on experience in GaN MOCVD
EURAXESS offer ID: 410228
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to download all jobs in XML.