ORGANISATION/COMPANYBaltic Defence College
RESEARCH FIELDPolitical sciences › Other
RESEARCHER PROFILEFirst Stage Researcher (R1)
APPLICATION DEADLINE09/06/2019 17:00 - Europe/Athens
LOCATIONEstonia › Tartu
TYPE OF CONTRACTPermanent
HOURS PER WEEK40
OFFER STARTING DATE01/08/2019
JOB TITLE: Lecturer in International Relations
JOB CODE: DPS09
DEPARTMENT: Department of Political and Strategic Studies
SUPERVISOR: Director of Department of Political and Strategic Studies
LOCATION: Tartu, Estonia
SALARY: 2200-2850 month/gross
Deadline for applications: 9 June 2019
Interviews anticipated on: 11-14 June 2019
Expected starting date: 1 August 2019
The Baltic Defence College is a modern, future-oriented, English-language based international institution of the Baltic states providing professional military education with a wider Baltic region focus and Euro-Atlantic scope. The college serves as a professional military education institution at the operational and strategic level, applying contemporary educational principles, effective management and best use of intellectual and material resources. Our mission is to educate military and security/defence related civilian personnel of the Baltic States as well as their allies and partners, to contribute to applied research focused on security and defence policies while promoting international cooperation and networking. For more details see: http://www.baltdefcol.org/
We are looking for a lecturer to plan, co-ordinate modules/electives and to teach during the Joint Command and General Staff Course and Higher Command Studies Course in the area of International Relations. This person will educate senior military officers and civil servants of NATO/EU nations and PfP countries as contribution to their professional development. His or her contribution to applied research within academic conferences and seminars will be highly appreciated.
He or she will be entitled to benefit from our attractiveness programme (i.e. funding of professional development, re-allocation support, limited initial lodging at low cost if available, free use of sports facilities). BALTDEFCOL employees are fully covered by Estonian medical insurance.
I MAIN DUTIES
1. Develops and teaches modules, electives and/or classes to students of all courses in the area of International Relations.
2. Acts as a source of expertise in the area of International Relations to BALTDEFCOL staff and students in the execution of their tasks and assignments.
3. Participates in the supervision and assessment of academic assignments given to students.
4. Undertakes applied research relating to the area of expertise.
II OTHER DUTIES
1. Contributes to academic events of BALTDEFCOL (e.g. conferences, seminars, roundtables) within the area of expertise.
2. Assists with editing BALTDEFCOL publications (i.e. Journal on Baltic Security) within his/her field of expertise.
3. Represents BALTDEFCOL at external activities (e.g. conferences, seminars, courses) related to the field of expertise.
4. Networks with relevant educational and research institutions.
1. Essential qualifications:
- Advanced academic degree in Political Science, International Relations, Strategic Studies, War Studies or related field;
- Expertise in the field of theories of politics and sovereignty; theories of international relations; diplomatic activity and international organisations;
- Experience in delivering teaching in academic environment, particularly applied knowledge;
- Experience in conducting research in the fields of relevance to the position;
- Language: English (Proficient User: C1+ or a comparable language performance profile).
2. Desirable qualifications:
* A doctoral degree;
* Experience of working and co-operating in a military environment;
* Experience of convening and coordinating academic events;
* Eloquence in communicating his/her thoughts and ideas to a critical audience;
* Flexibility, creativity, dynamism and a result-oriented approach to duties;
* Ability both to act as a part of a team and pursue individual initiatives and tasks..
EURAXESS offer ID: 406597
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.