ORGANISATION/COMPANYEindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
RESEARCHER PROFILERecognised Researcher (R2)
APPLICATION DEADLINE29/10/2019 17:00 - Europe/Brussels
LOCATIONNetherlands › Eindhoven
TYPE OF CONTRACTTemporary
HOURS PER WEEK38.0
The Electronic Systems (ES) group within the Department of Electrical Engineering of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) seeks to hire an outstanding PDEng candidate within the field of remote vital signs monitoring.
This post-master designers program is a two-year salaried program in the field of healthcare systems design. The program leads to a Professional Doctorate in Engineering (PDEng) degree.
An important part of the PDEng programme is the design project which will be performed at Philips. The project is spread over two years and aims to develop your design engineers' abilities. In the project, a specific design objective must be reached within a restricted period of time and with limited means. In accordance with the supervising professor the candidate will be given the opportunity to gather specialized knowledge for the design project already in the first year of your Traineeship. You will be coached by experienced design engineers from industry and/or by TU/e staff with clear and relevant design experience. You will acquire independence and learn to make choices and work well in a project-based manner.
Commoditization of digital cameras in visibile, nIR and thermal infra-red spectral ranges has led to the discovery of a relatively large variety of techniques to measure physiological parameters in an entirely contactless manner, using these cameras. Within this PDEng project, you need to integrate these techniques in a contactless monitoring unit (CMU) which will ideally include remote PPG, speckle vibrometry and remote thermography techniques combined with a nIR camera plus nIR illumination for the camera-based aiming. The contactless monitoring unit developed in your project will be used to perform a large scale validation study at a specialized sleep hospital to demonstrate the remote vital signs techniques and your monitoring unit.
Electronic Sytems Group
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a world-leading research university specializing in engineering science & technology. The Department of Electrical Engineering is responsible for research and education in Electrical Engineering. The discipline covers technologies and electrical phenomena involved in computer engineering, information processing, energy transfer and telecommunication. The department strives for societal relevance through an emphasis on the fields of smart sustainable systems, the connected world and care & cure. The TU/e is the world's best-performing research university in terms of research cooperation with industry (#1 since 2009).
The Electronic Systems group consists of seven full professors, ten assistant professors, several postdocs, about 40 PDEng and PhD candidates and support staff. The ES group is world-renowned for its design automation and embedded systems research. It is our ambition to provide a scientific basis for design trajectories of electronic systems, ranging from digital circuits to cyber-physical systems. The trajectories are constructive and lead to high quality, cost-effective systems with predictable properties (functionality, timing, reliability, power dissipation, and cost). Design trajectories for applications that have strict real-time requirements and stringent power constraints are an explicit focus point of the group.
We offer a fixed-term, 2 year position in a research group with an excellent reputation. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, including:
- A gross monthly salary of € 1.913.
- Additionally, 8% holiday and 8.3% end-of-year annual supplements.
- A minimum of 41 holidays per year (excluding bank holidays, for a full-time employment of 40 hrs/week)
- Additional benefits, including excellent technical infrastructure, child care, holiday savings schemes, and sports facilities.
- Assistance for finding accommodation is offered.
- For more general information about the PDEng traineeship, please visit our website at http://www.tue.nl/pdeng-trainees
- For more information about the project and any informal enquiries, please contact dr.ir. S. Stuijk (s.stuijk[at]tue.nl)
- For more information on working at the TU/e and employment conditions, see https://www.tue.nl/universiteit/werken-bij-de-tue/ or contact Mrs. Tanja van Waterschoot, HR (t.a.m.v.Waterschoot[at]tue.nl)
- More information on employment conditions can be found here: http://www.tue.nl/en/university/working-at-tue/working-conditions/.
If interested, please use 'apply now'-button at the top of this page. You should upload the following:
- a letter of motivation and portfolio with relevant work;
- a cover letter explaining your motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications and key achievements in research project(s));
- contact information of two references;
- copies of diplomas with course grades;
- results of your IELTS test.
Candidates will be selected based on graduation mark and proficiency at university including consideration of the reputation of the university, relevant experience and skills, writing skills and publications, work experience as well as performance in relevant modeling exercises and interviews.
Please keep in mind; you can upload only 5 documents up to 2 MB each.
Web site for additional job details
We are looking for candidates that match the following profile:
- A master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related disciplines with excellent grades.
- Excellent knowledge of signal processing algorithms, computer architectures and hardware/software design.
- Solid programming skills (e.g., in C, C++, or Labview).
- Experience with Matlab programming.
- A team player that enjoys to work in multicultural teams.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Excellent English language skills (writing and presenting).
EURAXESS offer ID: 404458
Posting organisation offer ID: 54540
The responsibility for the jobs published on this website, including the job description, lies entirely with the publishing institutions. The application is handled uniquely by the employer, who is also fully responsible for the recruitment and selection processes.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to download all jobs in XML.